Chapter 2: Jessie's relapse Pt. 1

With a beautiful and bright sun upon us, me and my friends were enjoying the nice weather outside on school grounds. Our tongues wouldn't stop wobbling about the main subject of the day: our latest prank over Casey Millers. My enemy and I had shared a truce for some time now, but when one of my classmates Vivian suffered the consequences of the rat Millers telling on her, she came straight for the trouble team for help... and I just couldn't help myself. In order to arrange that little pickle, we decided to make a move on the rat that same day. You see, one of our friends Jamie is a technology genius, so he managed himself to install a device that would explode in Casey's locker when she opens it, making it rain over her with purple paint. I had insisted that it'd be hilarious to go watch, but the guys instead thought we should stay as far from the crime scene as we could.

-Come on guys! I wanna see if it works with my own eyes, I said with frustration growing in my guts.

-When Casey Millers shows up to class with a killer look and a purple face, you'll know it worked, Carton said wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I smiled to him, but I still wasn't convinced.

-Wouldn't be better to have first row seats? I mean we worked damn hard on this one, I said trying to convince my friends. I couldn't miss this for anything in the world, but the thought of going there alone didn't seem so appealing.

-See? This is why you always get caught. You have zero caution. The first thing she'll do when she realizes what hit her will be point fingers, and guess who will be number one on that list?, Jason giggled slightly in my direction not feeling at the the annoyance his statement caused me.

-First of all: I don't always get caught. And second... where the hell is Jazz?, I suddenly asked and everybody looked around.

-I think she's in the bathroom or somewhere, Valerie shrugged her shoulders from her spot snuggled right next to her boyfriend, both of them beaming love.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sight of Casey the rat Millers going to her locker. Perfect opportunity.

-Ok, I'll be right back, I said getting up only to be instantly dragged down again.

-And where are you going?, Jamie asked me while pulling me down by my arm as raising an eyebrows to him.

-Geez, relax! I'm just going to see if I can spot Jazz. Be right back, I said roughly undoing Jamie's grip around my arm and getting up again.

I glanced at Valerie and she smiled to me. A few seconds later I got a text from her: "take sum pics 4 me Xx". Will do girl.

Though I did try to spot Jazz on my way to Casey's locker, I had my target on sight. Of course following my friends advice, I didn't exactly stood right behind her on the crime scene. I laid behind a wall peeking Casey opening her locker, waiting for the exact moment when she... THERE. Boom! Oh my god, SO hilarious! She was in shock with her eyes closed and purple painting dripping all over her face and chest. Poor uniform, she'll have to dispose that one... oh. Maybe we went a little too far. Ok Jessie, just take a picture and get the hell out of there before you have second thoughts or somebody catches you.

-I'll kill someone right now!, she started yelling while giving everybody a killer look. That of course didn't stop the laughs, and didn't stop me from taking a picture of her in her new purple outfit.

I walked away from the scene, sending the picture to Valerie and to Jazz too. Only Valerie replied "best prank ever!". I was starting to get worried about Jazz, so I started actually looking for her. Meanwhile the picture of purple Casey Millers was already in every student's phone, so I was laughing about the comments my friends were making. I was on that with my phone stuck to my nose when I didn't realize I had someone in front of me. Yes, that someone.