Chapter 19: Our darkest places Pt.2

"So that's my story" I said to the cold eyed man that was standing right in front of me while I stroked the hem of my skirt nervously, keeping my gaze trained on the floor of the room 308. My words still echoed in the deathly silence on the other end that followed my confession. My heart had picked up its pace with each word I spoke

"Long story short, you were a bully in your old school. That's something I never saw coming of you" he said and I felt my heart flinching to his words.

It's not like I was proud of my past, but this was one of my darkest secrets. Not even my girls knew about this classmate I'd constantly torture out of the blue. Even now these days I try to find the reason why I did those terrible things, yet I can find no justification for my actions. It has pained me since the moment Abby told me what those girls had done to her. It was like I had seen myself reflected in the mirror, and it was disgusting.

"It's not something I'm proud of. When Abby told me what those girls had done to her I felt like all the memories of her coming back into my head. I... I-I did so many terrible things to that girl in school that it makes my stomach ache" I admitted in shame as a few tears grew in my eyes and I looked down.

"Well I'm glad that you know now that you made a mistake back then Jess. You don't have to be miserable for it. Maybe you can even find a way to make some sort of amends. But like I've told you before, sometimes there are mistakes we cannot fix. We have to live with them" Paul lectured me with a sad voice and I lowered my head in shame, knowing he was right. I knew then he was disappointed of me to no end.

"I just feel so bad right now. I've felt like this since yesterday and I don't know what to do to make it go away" I said while quickly wiping off a tear of my cheek.

"Would you like me to help you feel better Jess?" he asked out of the blue, causing me to raise my look to meet his.

When looked up my stomach dropped when I found a thoughtful expression on Paul's face, not knowing what his words really meant. It's weird, because after sharing a whole year together you could say there was nothing of him that could surprise me. Oh but it did.

"How?" I asked before dismissing the idea.

"I think that what's bothering you is that you bullied that poor girl and had no consequence whatsoever over you for it. I know you realize your mistake, but you had no punishment for it. Am I right? Is that how you feel?" Paul dropped like a bomb on me and I took a minute to assimilate what he was telling me.

"I..." I gaped a bit in thought and realized he was right. It was like something was missing for me to fix that mistake. Closure.

"Jess I'm not gonna force you into anything. It was a long time ago, you're a complete different person now yet I think it'd be helpful for you to receive some sort of punishment for your offenses so you can forgive yourself before she can forgive you" Paul proceeded to explain himself, letting cristal clear it'd be my choice in this matter in particular. Once again, I sunk in silence to consider my options.

Paul's words rounded in my head for a few minutes while he waited patiently. I was nibbling on my lip as my foot was tapping on the floor. Since when I started feeling so guilty for these things that I actually felt like asking for a spanking? I guess he was right after all. It was easier to forgive myself when I knew I had gone through some form of punishment. I knew he hadn't said anything about a spanking, but I could bet it was in his plans if I decided to go through this. The question was, would I?

"Alright" I mumbled quietly as my look dropped to the floor, finally having made up my mind.

"Alright what Jess? I need to make sure you really wanna go through this" Paul's voice rang loud yet calm.