Chapter 11: The two troublemakers Pt 2

"Slowly... slowly..." Carton repeated as he worked on the lock. I peaked around to make sure the owner of the office didn't come bugging around here. That'd be our definite death. Bye bye ass. "Ok, we're in" he said pushing the door slightly so we could quickly sneak into the room.

I quickly scanned the room and saw exactly what I was looking for. First drawer to the left, the drawer where many of my favorite stuff like cellphone or iPod had been prisoners for some time, and so the ones of multiple students that had dared to goof around during Music class. I opened it and right there before my eyes was what I was looking for: the blessed drive.

"You do realize Paul probably already erased everything from the drive, right?" Carton couldn't help the little negative comment to what i of course showed myself quite hostile.

"You know Paul sometimes isn't as smart as he looks like" I said plugging in the drive in my laptop and instantly brightened my mood. There it was the precious file and everything else I needed. I quickly copied it to my desktop and shut down the laptop on my lap."Yes! I got it. Now put it back".

Barely I finished that sentence I heard a key turning inside the door lock, so I immediately hid behind the desk pulling a paralyzed Carton right behind me. We heard the door being pushed open and a foot made its entrance into the room. Oh shit, shit, shit. What now?? Trouble angels please!!

"Hey Mr. Davis, got a minute?" we heard someone shouting in the distance. We couldn't tell who that was but it mattered the less. Paul shut the door behind him and left far enough for us to make a run for it.

We took our chance and fled out of there in no time. Carton of course gave me hell for almost 'getting him killed' but I shrugged it off. I had what I wanted and that's all that mattered in my head right then. Now I had to find Jamie fast before he chickens out like a little someone I know.

That night I was so anxious I could barely stay still in my bed not even bothering to close my eyes. I had texted Jason good night hours ago and still my eyes were wide open, just staring at the roof. This was no joke. I could get suspended or worse. I kept picturing very different scenarios of when Paul and Jason realize that I went behind their backs. I was hoping at least one of them would feel a little proud of my trouble skills in the end. Maybe that little someone would finally realize that it was worth taking some risks in order to have some fun. Because believe you me, this prank was more than worth it if Paul decided to disable me from sitting down ever again. This my friends was ultimate revenge.

Not in the thousand of scenarios I pictured in my head I had contemplated such a result of this prank. Maybe in the end it wasn't so much worth it.

That morning school was hosting all the parents of the students for a conference with the teachers. I knew about this because Paul hadn't talked about anything else none stop for weeks, not precisely because my parents were notified nor were they attending to it. I knew it'd take place in the auditorium and I knew all teachers had composed a presentation to show in the screen. It was supposed to be extremely important for the teacher's reputation, but must I say more than one of them were going to be thriller with one of the presentations.

"Okay, everything is set" Jamie said behind the curtain we were hidding while some of the teachers had already started with the presentation.

"You in yet?" I said watching my hacker friend work full speed. If we missed the time... oh no, not happening. "Come on Jamie, faster! She's next".

"Don't pressure me! Jesus" he said tipping full speed as I was practically biting my fingers, since I had no nails left for that moment.. "Okay we're in" he said still not taking his glasses covered eyes off the screen.