Chapter 10: Being sick

All this mess began with what seemed to be a peaceful morning. I was sitting on the back of the classroom with my friends and Jason. My right hand Valerie was sitting on the first seat of the class, dreamy gaze upon who we thought to be one of the sexiest teachers of the entire school. Every day during Maths the classroom was filled with soft whispering and cheeky giggles coming from the female population of the class. The lack of attention would drive the guys crazy, so me and Jazz decided to make them some company to make them feel more important and, why not, less gay. That of course didn't mean by any chance that we'd stop making jokes about it.

"I'm serious here! This really pisses me off" Matt growled beneath his breath while watching his beloved girlfriend completely charmed by the man beneath her gaze.

"Would you relax? It's not like she's gonna date him or something. We'd wish" I said dedicating a secret romantic smile to the front of the class as every other girl in there. Whenever he looks at me I can feel my heart melting.

"We? You like him too?" Jason said raising an eyebrow to me, jealousy flashing clear as the day in his beautiful crystal blue eyes. "Well yeah but... he's way out of our reach anyways" I said as a slight pinch of guilt invaded me but I wouldn't let it show.

I nibbled on my lower lip under my now mildly displeased boyfriend's look. He seemed calmed but the subject certainly made all his guts ache and I'd hear about it later.

"That doesn't allow you to stalk men twice your age" he huffed in annoyance and I rolled my eyes.

"It doesn't allow you either to stare at Serena's breast..." I said while pretending to do a math problem on my notebook, giving him only a glance by the corner of my eye.

"Alright stop. Just stop ok? We'll drop it here" Matt said while hurrying to cover my mouth with both of his hands.
My eyes traveled from my friend to Jason's gaze in a second and I recognized his usual lips curled in a smile. Matt saw himself forced to drop his hands from my mouth when the teacher barked at us to stop goofing around if we wanted to pass the course at all. My cheeks burned in embarrassment with that thought. I think Paul would murder me.

We were in the line for pick up our lunch as we talked about what had happened during class. Of course Valerie, Jazz and I sustained that staring is not cheating and the guys argued that it was the same. I tried not to get too much into the subject though. Last thing I needed that morning was a jealous boyfriend. It'd just add up to the terrible headache I was feeling.

"Jess hurry! I'm hungry" Valerie shouted at me as her and Jazz were waiting for me to go sit with the guys, their trays already filled with all kind of cafeteria food.

"Go ahead. I'll catch up with you" I said to the displease of the people behind me that just wanted to get their lunch.

I really didn't know what was going on with me that day. I looked at the different options but none of them seemed appealing to me. My stomach would just twist at the thought of food so I decided to just listen to it. I grabbed an apple and a mineral water from the fridge before I headed to where my friends were sitting, already bringing the attention of the entire place with how loud the argument had escalated.

"Guys just shut up! My head hurts" I grumbled as I sat down between Valerie and Jason. Ugh what a mistake. They were the most overprotective people I knew.

"What is it babe? You don't wanna eat anything?" Jason said showing concerned in his beautiful eyes but I shrugged off the question.

"I have an apple" I said showing it to him before taking a bite of it. Ew, even this was grose. Better not eat anything for now.

"Jess that's no lunch and you know it" Valerie rolled her eyes at me but I ignored her as well.

"Just don't drag too much attention to us. I don't want Paul to bust my ass for this. Ok?" I pleaded to the group and they instantly complied.