Chapter 14: The F** word

IT WAS FINALLY DONE. Ok forgive my enthusiasm. For the last 2 days, 4 hours and 27 minutes I'd been working on a paper that was due the next day. I fist pumped the air as I had added the last few details before letting myself fall backwards on my bed.

"Finally free!" I cheered when my phone rang. Things were just getting better as my boyfriend's name flashed the screen.

"You sound cheerful" Jason giggled on the other side of the line as I rolled my eyes before letting a big yawn escape my lips.

"And tired. But I told you I could do it" I said not missing the oportunity of rubbing it in my boyfriend's face. I was right.

"It'd have been easier to start it a week ago. I thought you'd die in front of your laptop" Jason huffed in annoyance before going back to his cheerful being.

"Please. It wasn't that bad" I said as if it wasn't such a big deal. Uhh yes it was. I could barely move my fingers without them shaking like Zamba.

"So um, now that you're done with that maybe I could stop by your place?" I heard him asking sheepishly and I smirked for myself, seezing the chance of messing with him a bit.

"On a school night Atkins?" I faked being uptight and laughed not being able to hold my act.

"I'm guessing you could use some massages" he purred on the phone and my cheeks flushed red. I actually could.

"I'll be waiting then" I said before hanging up on him. I liked having him hanging for some reason. It was my weekly fun.

I woke up in the warm embrace of Jason's arms. It wasn't the first time he crashed at my place, their parents thinking he was at Matt's. Matt was actually too busy with his own girlfriend, my best friend Valerie. I wondered when Jazz would get herself a boyfriend as well. She had been acting rather wild ever since she broke up with Josh, but I guess I liked her better that way. She was a free spirit.

Jason had to actually drag me out of bed by my feet to get me going. With no other choice, I pulled myself in my school outfit while he was downstairs having coffee with Ben. Ugh I'd have to take mine to go. We were never gonna make it on time if I kept stalling. What I'd give to fake sick and skip school with him.

I turned my paper in first thing when I arrived to my first period. Right behind me Paul walked into the room and took a sit by his desk, giving the pile of papers a quick glance. Yes, the paper was for Music History class. Now you understand why I worked so hard on it.

I was rather satisfied with it, even when I turned it in the last minute. It wasn't the paper of my life but hey, who gives so much about music history anyways? Apparently one person in my life does, and he gives very much.

The door opened revealing Paul's poker face still sitting behind his desk. His brows were furowed so much they graze the tip of his nose, like everytime he's really upset. I knew it had nothing to do with me, so I shut the door quietly behind me and went to take my seat for my class with him like every end of the day.

"Are they that bad?" I chuckled as I saw Paul's expression as he graded one of the papers and put it aside.

"Some didn't reach my expectations. That's for sure" he said before pushing aside one long ago graded and tapped on it his finger. "This one is yours".

I proudly got up to retrieve it but I didn't get far. I saw from the distance that my paper had barely been touched by him, let one read. It didn't have a single remark, a single nothing. Just a big red capital letters 'REMAKE' on the top of the first page.

"Remake? Really?" I said with my eyes wide as saucers.

"Do you believe it's a joke?" Paul asked sarcastically and I had to fight the urge of rolling my eyes at him.