1/29/16

"Good morning everyone! How are you?" Seokmin's biology teacher asked after the bell rang.

Seokmin and a few others responded brightly, giving the teacher a smile, but the majority of the class responded sleepily, acknowledging the teacher's question with disinterested sounds.

"I hope you all slept well last night because today we'll be starting a project," the teacher stated. "You'll be working with a partner, but I will be assigning the groups. It'll be due by the end of class Monday, and we'll be working on it in class. I won't get mad at you if you work on it out of class, but that shouldn't be necessary unless you slack off. Any questions?"

A few of Seokmin's louder classmates protested while others let out quiet moans of complaint, but the teacher ignored them and continued to read out the groups. The majority of the class was satisfied with their partners, excluding the good kids who were annoyed because they got paired with the troublemakers.

Mingyu and Seungkwan got paired together; Seungkwan grinned and cheered, while Mingyu let out an overdramatic sigh, though he looked pleased. Seokmin got paired with a friend of his named Sun-young. He gave her a big smile, which she returned just as enthusiastically, and the two walked over to a lab bench and sat down together.

"You have no idea how relieved I am to have been paired with you," Sun-young said, letting out a small chuckle. "Honestly, I thought I was going to be paired with a kid like Oh Jung-ho who would make me do all the work. I'm glad it's you and not someone like that."

"I know how you feel. Besides, it's nice to be paired with a friend of mine rather than someone I've never talked to," Seokmin responded. He grabbed the packet the teacher had given them and gestured towards it. "Shall we then?"

The two worked diligently, eventually stopping and talking about other things when they thought they did enough work. Though Sun-young and Seokmin hadn't hung out in a while, they still found it easy as ever to connect and hold a conversation.

"Hey, by the way, Jin-ki said that you guys are having a baseball game soon, right? When is that?" Sun-young asked curiously as she packed up her bag.

"Oh right! Actually, we had one yesterday, which we won, but in like three to four weeks we're gonna have another one. It's gonna be important because it'll be against one of the best teams in the prefecture," Seokmin answered. "I think we have a good chance of winning, but it's not going to be easy."

"Wow, well good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!" Sun-young gave Seokmin an adorable smile and Seokmin grinned back at her.

The bell rang and Seokmin waved at Mingyu and Seungkwan who seemed to be bickering over something as they walked out. He walked with Sun-young instead.

"Are you going to come to it?" Seokmin questioned.

"Probably. Even if I was busy that day, the girl I like would probably drag me along. She really likes baseball," Sun-young replied.

"You like someone?! Who?! You never told me! Who's the girl that's captured our Sun-young's attention?" Seokmin asked.

As if on cue, a deep yet still feminine voice loudly called out, "Luna, my dear, where are you?", attracting the attention of a few other students.

Sun-young sighed exasperatedly and responded, "Her." A happy girl with short blonde hair and bright eyes approached the pair.