3/11/16 pt. 2

To say that Seokmin was excited when he had gotten a call from his boyfriend was an understatement. Seokmin lived for the long talks the pair would have during the evening. The couple would normally talk about minuscule things; Jisoo would tell Seokmin about how his day went, and Seokmin would listen enthusiastically, adding in his input whenever he felt necessary. Their phone calls were nice, calm experiences for Seokmin, ones that would leave him giddy with exhilaration.

Unfortunately, that's not how he felt this time. Seokmin raced around his room worriedly. Jisoo's parents were in Korea, and they wanted to meet Seokmin. Seokmin brushed his sweaty hands on his jeans and straightened out his shirt again. He had been worrying earlier about what to wear, but he remembered that they were going to a barbecue place, so Seokmin was able to relax a little bit. He was still tense though; he styled and restyled his hair again and again, displeased with all of the results.

"Mom!" Seokmin yelled, slumping with defeat. "Please help me!"

"I knew you'd ask for my help eventually," his mother grinned, stepping into his room. "What do you need help with?"

Seokmin had been playing a card game with his mom and her boyfriend before Jisoo had called. His mother immediately demanded to know what Jisoo had called for, and she brightened when she found out that Seokmin would be meeting Jisoo's parents.

"Let me help!" she had begged. "You want to impress them, don't you? I'll make you look really handsome!"

"No! You'll make me look like I'm 12 again!" Seokmin had refused as he ran away from her grabby hands and into his room.

"My hair, it looks terrible!" Seokmin wailed, and his mother scoffed.

"That's what you're having trouble with? Seriously, Seokmin, just comb it like you normally do."

"But it won't look nice!" Seokmin exclaimed.

"Seokmin, you're my son. There's no way that you can look bad," his mother stated. "Here, I'll comb it for you."

Seokmin sighed contently as his mother gently brushed his hair over his forehead, running her fingers through his hair soothingly. He leaned back into her touch and tried to relax, but he couldn't escape a troubling thought.

"What're you thinking about?" Seokmin's mom asked him.

"I'm afraid that Jisoo's parents won't like me," Seokmin confessed. "They're of a higher class than we are. What if I'm not good enough for their son?"

"Hey, you don't need to worry about that. His parents love him, I'm sure that they'd rather have him be with someone that makes him happy than someone that's rich," his mother said.

"I know, I'm just scared. I really don't wanna mess this up," he replied. His mother mussed his hair.

"You're an amazing boy, Seokmin. They're gonna love you. Don't worry, okay?" his mother  told him, hugging him lovingly.

"Thanks, Mom. Hey, wait a minute, you messed up my hair!"

"Love you, son!"

"Oh, it seems like I was right, honey," Jisoo's mom said as Seokmin approaches the table, bowing to his boyfriend's parents respectfully. "I think he's too good for our son."

"E-excuse me?!" Seokmin spluttered, almost tripping over his chair as he went to sit down.

"Mom!" Jisoo exclaimed, a deep blush coating his face. He turned to Seokmin. "Hey, you okay?"

"I-I'm fine," Seokmin replied, his own face heating up. Jisoo grimaced.

"I'm sorry about...her. She's always like this," Jisoo scowled.

"Hey, she is your mother. Don't speak to her like that, young man," Jisoo's father reprimanded. He smiled at Seokmin. "I'm Jisoo's father."

"Pleasure to meet you, sir. And you too, Mrs. Hong," Seokmin said brightly, shaking their hands.

"Oh, he's cute, well-mannered, and modest? You certainly got lucky," Jisoo's mom teased her son.

"If only I could disown you," Jisoo muttered.

Jisoo's mother gasped and glared at her son, who shrank back into his seat and apologized quietly. Seokmin picked up his menu and hid his grin behind it slyly. Jisoo's parents were interesting, and it was funny seeing Jisoo react to them. This would definitely be a fun dinner.

A/N: lmao oops this is p late sorry bout that y'all you know ily i'm sorry today was longer than i thought it'd be hm oh well but only one more week of online classes after this and i'm done!!! ofc exams are beginning of next week too and ima fail lmao but aye it can't bring my grade down too badly and i won't completely fail i mean i know hydrogen's mass and oxygen's mass and therefore water's molar mass and i finally understand stoichiometry so i think i'll be ok enough and math nah math is easy i'll be fine

anyways!!! sorry again for the late update!!! linked song is obviously "아주 nice" aka "very nice" by our favs!!! jeonghan still looks beautiful as always but his extensions are so fake it makes me cringe every time i see them. poor guy. why @ pledis smh i'm disappointed in you. also @ pledis and sm give me an f(seventeen) interaction please and thank you!

alright I hope y'all have a wonderful day!!! ily all v much!!! tysm for reading and voting and commenting as always!!! y'all are seriously the best tysm again. alright bye for now!!! have a great day!!! ily!!! sorry if this wasn't that good!!!

p.s. i imagine that seokmin is wearing his casual outfit from the mv for the date but idk it's up to y'all to imagine it as you wish :)