3/26/16

"I still don't understand why you wanted to come to this street market," Jisoo commented as he and Seokmin strolled hand-in-hand along the busy street where multiple stands were set up.

"Because it's fun, Hong Jisoo. My family is gonna meet us here too," Seokmin sang, swinging their connected hands back and forth.

"It doesn't seem like it's gonna be that fun. I could be starting that new show I wanted to watch," Jisoo complained.

"You'd rather watch TV than hang out with me and my family?" Seokmin pouted. "What a terrible boyfriend."

"Hey! That's not what I meant! I love spending time with you and your family. Your family is great! But why not just hang out at your house together instead?" Jisoo questioned.

"Because street markets are fun! Did you know that they have something like this in New York City too? Hansol told me about it! I think he and Seungkwan are stopping by here later on," Seokmin rambled. "Hey, did you guys have something like this in L.A.?"

"Uh, I think there were a few. I don't remember though," Jisoo admitted. "I didn't go out that much anyways. And if I did, my friends and I would usually do something else."

"You're going to enjoy this, I promise! Last year, they had mango lemonade! It was so good," Seokmin told him.

"Oh, are those carnival games?" Jisoo asked, pointing at the numerous, colorful stalls they were nearing.

"Yeah! Lots of families and couples come to this every year too, so they have carnival games for people to win things," Seokmin answered. "Want me to win you something?"

"No, that's fine. You probably couldn't do it anyways," Jisoo teased.

"Wanna bet?!" Seokmin huffed, crossing his arms childishly, and Jisoo chuckled.

"Let's go play then. We're going out for dinner tonight with your family, right? Loser has to give the winner all of their dessert," Jisoo smirked.

"You're on!" Seokmin challenged him.

"I can't believe you beat me at all of those games," Seokmin said, slouching defeatedly as Jisoo carried his prizes proudly.

"Hey, I didn't completely beat you at some of those. Other people beat me too," Jisoo replied.

"Yeah, but I never won against you! This is completely unfair," Seokmin sighed.

"It's not my fault. You made a bet with the wrong person," Jisoo grinned before placing a finger on his chin thoughtfully. "I wonder what I should order for dessert at the restaurant."

"You're so mean," Seokmin grumbled as he turned away from Jisoo.

"Aw, don't be like that, Seokmin. Here, I'll give you this prize," Jisoo said, handing Seokmin a stuffed bear.

"What?! But I wanted the Minnie Mouse one," Seokmin whined. "You know, since my name is Lee Seokmin."

"Yes, but your sister's name is Lee Jimin, so I decided to give it to her instead. Besides, isn't it romantic for a man to give his girlfriend a teddy bear?"

"Are you saying that I'm your girlfriend?" Seokmin scoffed before smiling sickly. "Oh, Jisoo, darling, thank you so much for the stuffed teddy bear. C'mere, lemme give you a kiss."

"Stop that," Jisoo laughed, leaning away from Seokmin's puckered lips. "You know what I meant."

"I do, I do. It's just fun teasing you," Seokmin grinned.

"Oppa!" Jisoo and Seokmin heard a voice call after them.

Jisoo and Seokmin turned to see Jimin waving at the pair with the rest of Seokmin's family following behind from a long distance. Jimin ran up to the boys and immediately hugged Jisoo around the legs, clinging on tightly as Jisoo leaned down and wrapped his arms around the younger girl. Jisoo laughed softly as Jimin's grip around his legs strengthened, and he patted her on the back.

"Hey, Jimin-ah. How have you been?" Jisoo asked, smiling sweetly at Seokmin's younger sister. He handed her the stuffed Minnie Mouse doll. "Oh, this is for you. I won it at some of the carnival games after beating your brother brutally."

"Bru-tally? That means meanly, right?! You hurt my brother?!" Jimin exclaimed.

"No, no! I just mean that he didn't stand a chance against me when we played the games together," Jisoo exclaimed.

"Rude," Seokmin said.

"Oh, that's good," Jimin relaxed. "I really like you, Oppa. I don't want to have to beat you up for hurting my brother!"

"O-Oppa?! Hey, who are you calling that, Lee Jimin?!" Seokmin choked out.

"He's dating you, and you're my older brother. Why can't I just call him that too? You guys are practically married anyways," Jimin responded.

"Married?!" Seokmin stuttered, blushing heavily and muttering some things to himself quietly. Unfortunately, Jisoo was unable to hear what he was saying. Damn.

"Jisoo! Hello. It's been a while," Seokmin's mother's boyfriend greeted him, smiling warmly at the American boy.

"It has indeed. How are you, Mr. Lee? And you, Ms. Lee? Hye-min?" Jisoo asked politely.

"I'm good, thank you for asking," Seokmin's mother replied before the other two. "One question though. Why is Seokmin's face brighter than a tomato?"

"Mom!"

A/N: holy shit I did it. thanks so much to tsuyuried for the idea bc she helped so much. once she gave me the idea, I combined it with another few ideas she gave me, and the words just started pouring out of me. idk if they have this in L.A. for real, but I went to one of these in Manhattan when I was staying with my family there. my cousin and I got matching pants there, but that's not the point. basically, if it wasn't for my friend, I don't think I would've been able to update today. it's not edited, but I think that it's still good. I'm honestly really proud of this chapter. again, thanks so much, you nerd. ily!

alright! well, the linked song is "Danger" by Taemin bc why not? okay, I hope that you guys enjoyed this update! like I said earlier, I'm really proud of it. I think this was my best chapter in a long time. it's actually good for once! hope you guys thought the same. I don't have that much confidence for the next chapter, but I'm glad that at least this one was okay. hope you guys have had/will continue to have an amazing day! ily guys so much! tysm for reading and voting and commenting as always! cya!