2/19/16 pt. 1 (bonus!)

the baseball game

Seungri baseball team and positions:
•First baseman: Lee Gunwoo
•Second baseman: Kim Young-woon
•Shortstop: Kim Seyong
•Third baseman: Lee Seokmin
•Left fielder: Im Jaebum
•Center fielder: Nam Woohyun
•Right fielder: Kim Myungsoo
•Catcher: Kim Ki-bum
•Pitcher: Lee Jin-ki

"Let's have a good game!" the two teams yelled, bowing deeply.

Sekang High School wasn't particularly famous for their baseball team(their swimming team, particularly a boy named Han Yi-An, took up most of the spotlight), but their team certainly was an admirable foe for Seungri High School. Sekang had gotten as far as the quarterfinals last year. And now, here they were at the semifinals, playing Seungri.

Consisting of over 50 players total, Sekang's baseball team was made of strong players from each grade. According to the rumors, Sekang's baseball coach would even recruit a few new students to come to the school on an athletic scholarship every year. Sekang certainly took the sport seriously, but Seungri's team wasn't going to give up that easily.

"Sekang High School will be batting first. First hitter: Gong Tae-kwang. Position: shortstop." a lady's voice announced.

"Hello!" Tae-kwang cheerily said, stepping up to the batting box on Ki-bum's left side.

Ki-bum narrowed his eyes as he scrutinized his excited opponent. Tall, lanky, energetic...but that wasn't it. He seemed calculating too. He wouldn't be fooled by a simple fastball, which was what he seemed to be expecting judging by his stance. What would throw him off? A slider maybe?

Ki-bum adjusted his position and signaled to Jin-ki for a slider. Jin-ki nodded at him from the pitcher's mound. Jin-ki lifted his leg and wound up his body, and a few seconds later, Ki-bum felt the heavy weight of a baseball resting in his glove. He smiled under his mask.

"Strike!"

Tae-kwang shook out his legs and arms, then readjusted his stance. Ki-bum repositioned his body too and gave Tae-kwang a once-over. The hitter still had a stoic face on, so it was hard to know how he was feeling. His grip on his bat had substantially tightened though. A screwball to mess with him maybe? Ki-bum signaled for a screwball, and Jin-ki nodded.

"Strike!"

Loud cheers echoed throughout the stadium. "One more!" people in the bleachers cried out, while fans of the opposing team called out, "Don't worry! Just hit it!" Jin-ki gave Ki-bum a thumbs up, and the rest of their teammates yelled encouragingly to the pair. How was the batter reacting to all of this?

Ki-bum looked up to gauge Tae-kwang's reaction, and oddly enough, the boy was smiling. It even looked like he was trying not to laugh, at least from what Ki-bum could see. That was odd. He may have just been the first hitter, but shouldn't he be at least a little bit nervous? Ki-bum shook his head and signaled for another slider.

"Strike! One out!"

"One out!" Jin-ki repeated, smiling at the rest of their team.

They had gotten one out. Something told Ki-bum that this batter wasn't going to be that easy to strike out though. Tae-kwang hadn't even swung at any of those pitches. He must've been trying to see what types of pitches they would throw so he could report back to their team.

Well, Ki-bum would just have to mess with him a little more then, wouldn't he? Judging by the confident look on Tae-kwang's face, he was definitely going to start swinging now. Ki-bum knew exactly how to get an out from him. He signaled to Jin-ki for a fastball.

Cling.

"Out!"

"Good one!" "Nice catch L!" "One more out!"

Sekang may have had an extraordinary baseball team, but there was no way that Seungri would lose to them. Not while Ki-bum was on the field at least. And definitely not when he had such an amazing team helping him.

"Seungri! Let's win this game too!"

"Alright!" "You heard Key! Let's do it!" "We've got this, guys!"

A/N: lmao I hate myself this was so cringey now we know why I'd never be allowed to write the script of an episode for Diamond No Ace or Ookiku Furikabutte oops. I'm sorry you had to read this filth lmao tbh the only thing I'm proud of is who the players on Seokmin's school's team are. honestly I probably thought that out more than I thought out the actual story. the players and their positions make sense though, don't they?

tbh I'd like to think that if this was an actual baseball team, Gunwoo would totally scare off the batters so they'd be too afraid to go to first and hit it correctly and stuff and also Woohyun and Kangin would be near each other kinda bc center you feel and they'd totally taunt the other team together and probably cheer together and maybe compete within themselves lmao favs I love

ok well that's it for this bonus chapter!!! an additional and equally as shitty update should be following this one soon! thank y'all so much for reading! ily guys!