2/5/16

The loud shriek of Jisoo's alarm pierced through the serene silence of Jeonghan's house. Jisoo groaned and opened his eyes, rubbing them and blinking rapidly. He turned off his alarm and stretched his arms. After a few minutes stumbling around his room, he took a shower and put on his clothes.

He packed his books into his backpack, grabbed his phone, and walked down the stairs to get some breakfast. Jeonghan was already making toast for the two of them, looking as peaceful and angelic as he always did in the morning.

"Good morning Jisoo," Jeonghan said giving him a smile with slightly bleary eyes. He grabbed the last pieces of toast from the toaster and put them on a plate, bringing them to the table. Jisoo took out some butter and jam from the fridge. The two ate their breakfast in a comfortable silence, as was their routine ever since Jisoo came to live with Jeonghan.

They normally ate alone; Jeonghan's parents were usually too tired to wake up at the same time as them since they went to work about an hour after the two boys would leave for school. On weekends though, the four ate together like a family, various dishes crowding the table. Sometimes, Jeonghan's older brother would come over and eat with them. Jisoo enjoyed eating with Jeonghan's family.

At home in L.A., his parents were usually too busy with work or other things to eat with him at home, even on weekends. Sometimes they would go out together for breakfast, but it would be with people from their church or people his parents worked with. His parents always apologized, but Jisoo didn't mind it. He understood that his parents had to work to provide for him, and he knew they loved him. Besides, since his parents felt bad about not being able to spend time with him, they sent him to live in Korea so he wouldn't be alone, which was proving to be an exciting experience for him.

The screen of Jisoo's phone suddenly lit up, breaking him out of his thoughts. He had gotten a text from Seokmin. The younger boy had been messaging Jisoo often, sending him at least a text a day. Jisoo enjoyed his conversations with Seokmin, and always found himself awaiting his messages.

Seokmin👻👾🌟: Dude I haven't seen you in person in forever! Meet me in the library when you get to school?
Jisoo: it's legit only been a week and we have a class together
Seokmin👻👾🌟: But I'm never allowed to talk to you in there because I have to catch up and Ms. Baek always has work for us guitar 1 kids
Seokmin👻👾🌟: Besides I miss you
Jisoo: stfu
Seokmin👻👾🌟: So I'll see you in the library then?
Jisoo: i can't i'm about to take a quiz i missed when i was sick
Seokmin👻👾🌟: ;(
Seokmin👻👾🌟: Jisoo?
Jisoo: sorry i just finished the quiz
Jisoo: if it's ok with you and your friends though, and there's enough room, then maybe ill sit with you at lunch
Seokmin👻👾🌟: Really? Yay!
Seokmin👻👾🌟: Don't worry, we'll kick Seungkwan out of his seat to make room for you
Jisoo: omg no please it's cool don't do that
Seokmin👻👾🌟: Don't worry I'm just joking. Well kinda. We have enough seats but maybe we'll just kick Seungkwan out for fun >:)
Jisoo: at first sight you seem like a really nice and sweet and polite person but in actuality you're just a demon aren't you
Seokmin👻👾🌟: Can you blame me if I'd rather have a cute guy like you sitting at our table instead of Seungkwan
Jisoo: class is starting and ill get in trouble if i have my phone out bYE HOEMIN
Seokmin👻👾🌟: You better sit with us at lunch today

Jisoo quickly put away his phone, trying to ignore the sensation of butterflies fluttering in his stomach. (He didn't notice that his face had turned a light shade of red until his friend Yoongi pointed it out.)