Chapter 5: Study

After three hours straight of cleaning my room to make it look at least presentable, I crashed on the bed and sighed quite loudly.

"Is the bloody queen coming over? I haven't seen you clean your room in over a year!" My gramps stood in the doorway looking at my clean room in shock.

"There's this girl coming over to study for a test tomorrow," as I spoke the doorbell rang, causing me to jolt out of bed and run down the stairs. I opened the door to find Bella standing on the other side.

"Hey come in." I motioned my hand for her to come in, which she did.

"What a cute house!" She sounded nervous. I could tell because her voice went up a few octaves and shook a bit.

"You must be one special girl if my grandson cleaned up his room!" My gramps slowly walked down the stairs and shook Bella's hand.

"Alright gramps try not to embarrass me." My cheeks felt hot as Bella followed my lead up the stairs into my bedroom.

"Wow I love all of these bands, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Journey...." She stared at my posters before throwing her rather large backpack onto my bed. I plugged my iPhone into the speakers and started playing my "Rock" playlist.

"Okay so I figured we could start on chapter one and go on until we are up to the most recent lesson." I nodded and got out my text book. As Bella began to read I couldn't stop staring at her lips. Their shape, texture, even way the moved made me think about how kissable they are.

"You want to read the next chapter?" I snapped out of my daze and mumbled a bored 'sure'.

After two hours of reading and answering chapter questions, we finally finished studying.

"You can stay for dinner you know." Bella raised her eyebrows, contemplating my suggestion.

"Alright thanks.... That would be lovely."

The smell of gramps cooking drew us to the kitchen.

"Whatcha making gramps?" He turned around, startled by my appearance.

"Your favorite, lasagna." I nodded eagerly feeling my stomach growling with hunger.

"Is it fine if Bella stays to eat with us?"

"Of course, of course. Go and set the table Harry, make yourself useful." I grabbed the utensils and napkins and began to set the table.

"Harry, you have it backwards." Bella giggled at me and switched the forks and knives places. My mouth made an 'O' shape to hide my embarrassment.

"Alright here we go." My gramps set down the lasgna with some difficulty. For an eighty year old man I'm surprised he can still do as much as he does.

"So, did you just move here?" Gramps doesn't even wait a second to start questioning Bella.

"Yes I moved here from Wells because of my father's work." She took a bite of the lasagna and nodded in pleasure.

"One time Harry-" I looked at gramps with a stern face, cutting him off. Whenever anyone comes over, the dinner is always filled with embarrassing stories about me.

"No gramps please." He looked at me, clearly not caring.

"Go on!" Bella practically begged to gramps, causing him to chuckle.

As dinner went on gramps of course told the book of 'Harry's Most Embarrassing Moments'. He laughed harder tonight than I'd seen him laugh in a long time. As we finished cleaning up Bella gave a polite 'goodbye' to gramps and started walking towards the door.

"I'll walk you out." I put down the dishes and jogged to catch up with her. Once outside and at her car I broke the silence.

"I haven't seen him laugh like that in a long time, thank you." Bella looked at me, as if I'd just made her the happiest girl in the world.

"He's a good man Harry, there aren't many of those left." I nodded, my thoughts immediately going to my father.

"Guess I better get going..." As she turned around she tripped over the side of her car. Déjà vu. I caught her midair leaving her face inches from mine. I began to lean in, heart racing. Before we could connect lips she pulled away.

"Wow I am really clumsy!" She let out a nervous laugh, got into her car, and drove away.

This girl is going to be the death of me.

• • •

I pulled up to a huge house, checking my phone to make sure I'd gotten the address right. The door of the rather large house opened and Bella appeared. She has on a white sweater, black leggings, and black heels.

"Morning Harry." She sounded blunt. No emotion.

"Morning Bella." I mimicked her tone causing her to giggle.

"Sorry I didn't have my coffee this morning." I nodded and pulled out of her driveway.

"That's quite a big house you've got there." I glanced over at her to see her cheeks gone red. If I had a house that big I'd show it off if we're being honest.

"My dad is the CEO of a record company."

"He signs artists?" She shrugged, seeming bored of the conversation. The car ride remained in silence as Bella tapped her fingers along to The Rolling Stones.

"Why didn't you kiss me?" The words escaped my mouth surprising me and most likely Bella also. I glanced over to see her cheeks red with either embarrassment, or anger. I couldn't quite tell.

"Oh, so you think every girl has to kiss you Harry?" She sounded angry.

"You don't have to be such a bitch about it." One fist clenched the steering wheel as I pushed the other one angrily through my hair.

"You're so full of yourself." She scoffed while crossing her arms, a sign for me to stop speaking. We pulled up to the school and Bella gladly jumped out of the car to briskly walk inside.

Well done Harry, well done.

(Vote please, I appreciate it!)