Chapter 6: Curiosity

Bella's POV:

2nd week of school:

"So Maya isn't Harry's girlfriend?" Eleanor's looked at me as if I'd asked the dumbest question in the world.

"Harry NEVER dates. He hooks up with girls and leaves them in the dust." She pulled out her lipstick and reapplied. "Why, do you like him?" Her lips smacked together making me cringe.

"No it's just... He seems different." Suddenly, an image of Harry's face emerged in my mind. His beautiful dimpled smile accentuated his handsome face. His curls flopped to the side with ease. You don't see this side of Harry often. Most of the time he is staring out in the distance, most likely thinking of his mother.

"Bella? Snap out of it." Eleanor brought me out my daze wearing an annoyed expression. Before I could say anything the bell rang and I headed to first period.

Harry sat in his usual position, slouched over, about to fall asleep.
"Morning Harry." I poked him causing a grunt to come out of him.

He mumbled back, "Morning" and went back to dazing off. I couldn't help but stare at the brown ringlets atop his head. I wanted so badly to touch them and be the reason for his dimpled smile, but something inside of me holds me back. Harry seems to have a dark side and I'm not so sure if I can handle it.

• • •

As I turned around my hip rammed into the side of my car causing me to fall to the ground. Before I could make my hard landing Harry caught me midair. My breath hitched in my throat as his lips were only centimeters away. He began to lean in, but I knew I couldn't do it.

"Wow I am really clumsy!" I stood up, got in my car, and drove away.

• • •

Last year I dated a boy named James. He hooked up with every other girl and got anything and anybody he wanted. I met him at a party my best friend invited me to and we began to flirt. Long story short, we started to date only to find out that'd he'd cheated on me, multiple times. After that, I swore to never date anyone like that. Once I moved here I met Harry, he immediately reminded me of James. Gets every girl he wants with the lift of a finger. So when he asked 'Why didn't you kiss me?' I became completely offended.

"Oh, so every girl has to kiss you Harry?" I spat back.

"You don't have to be such a bitch about it." My feeling became hurt as he yelled the harsh words at me.

"You're so full of yourself." Luckily we pulled up to school causing me to flee from the car. I practically ran to the bathroom as tears formed in my eyes. Once inside, I released the sobs I had been holding in. Tears ran down my cheeks, most likely messing up my makeup. How could Harry go from a sweet guy to a complete ego charged asshole the next? I pondered on the question as my sobs died down and my breathing became even again. I took out my makeup kit and began to redo my mascara stricken face. Just in time, the bell rang and I was back to normal although my cheeks were a bit puffy and eyes swollen, but I had mostly covered it up with foundation. I walked into first period as confidently as possible, trying not to show Harry that anything was wrong.

"I'm really sorry Bella, I didn't mean anything I said." He sounded meaningful and as I looked into his deep green eyes I wanted so badly to forgive him.

"Forget it." I forced out. His face looked hurt making me quickly turn away. Class went on and I knew Harry wouldn't speak to me again. I felt as if I'd lost but won at the same time. I pushed away the guilty feeling that were building up inside to pay attention to the lesson being taught.

(Sorry for the short chapter :( Please vote!)