Chapter 8: Date

I slid into my seat kissing Bella's cheek making her blush.

"Morning" I smiled as as last night replayed over in my mind.

"Good morning." She tried to hide her pleased smile but it quickly took over her beautiful face.

"I was thinking maybe we could go on a date tonight?" My nervous hands pushed my curls aside waiting for a response.

"That would be lovely Harry." I took her small hand and practically engulfed it with my much larger one. We remained like this for the whole class which made me more happy than I'd ever been. As the bell rung Bella and I remained holding hands as we walked to our maths class.

"Oh my god, is this what I think it is?!" Eleanor jumped up and down at the sight of our hands connected. Bella reluctantly let go and sat next to Eleanor who looked rather happy.

"Did Harry grow a pair?" Louis sarcastically remarked from the seat besides me. I gave him a hard punch before going back to focusing on Bella. Her wavy brown hair swayed as she spoke to Eleanor. She briefly looked back at me making my cheeks feel hot. I couldn't help but flash my dimpled smile at her causing her to giggle. Before we could do anymore the teacher started the class causing Bella's attention to be diverted to the front of the classroom. My eyes wandered over to her most of the class. Her features reminding me of just how attractive she is. All of a sudden, I felt my phone buzz from my right pocket.

Bella: Stop staring, I'm trying to focus.

I looked up to find her looking at me waiting to see my reaction. I nodded my head, knowing that she really cares about her grades.

The school day finally came to an end leaving me a nervous wreck. I've never really done on a date besides taking a girl I'd hooked up with out for pizza. My palms began to sweat as the bus pulled up to my house.

"Good luck mate." Louis gave me a reassuring smile.

"Thanks Lou."

My clothes were tossed all over the floor, still trying to find something nice to wear. Suddenly, a collared black shirt with hearts on it jumped out at me. My nanny gave it to me last year, a few months before she passed. I put it on, deciding she would give me good luck and grabbed my keys.

"Where are you going?" Gramps tired voice echoed from the living room.

"Out for dinner." I walked out the door, not waiting for his response as I was already late. I raced to Bella's house to find her already outside.
"Sorry I'm late."

"It's fine, you look very handsome by the way." I smirked, putting on my best charm face.

"I try, so what's your favorite food?" We don't actually know very much about eachother so I started asking.

"Anything that has to do with pizza I'm all for it." My kind of girl.

"How about Italian good?"

"That's perfect." I took her hand as we drove past acres upon acres of farm land.

"This place must be good if we're leaving the city." I grinned at Bella, knowing she would say something.

"It was my mum's favorite place to eat. We only got to come when my father wasn't having an episode or drinking too much." I clenched my jaw just thinking of the man.

"Did you hear that?" Bella brought me out of my thoughts to hear a strange sound coming from my car.

"Shit." I pulled over and jumped out of the vehicle to find two of my tires blown.

"Can you blow them back up or whatever you're supposed to do?" I chuckled at Bella's lack of knowledge for cars and shook my head.

"I leant the stuff to Louis when he was going on a road trip and never asked for it back." I pulled out my phone and dialed a tow company. They asked for the usual information and left that it would take two hours until they would arrive. I angrily hung up and kicked the tires.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Bella looked concerned.

"The whole date is ruined because I forgot to get my fucking tires blown up!" I continually kicked the tires until my energy was gone.

"It's not ruined Harry, nothing is ever ruined." As she spoke, she jumped on the hood of the car and laid flat down staring up at the sky. "Join me?" I reluctantly hopped onto the hood and laid on my back. I glanced at Bella to see her eyes closed with a smile growing at the corners of her mouth.

"You look beautiful." Her cheeks turned pink but her eyes fluttered open to look at me.

"Do you ever wonder how your life would be if it went a different way?" She startled me with the question but as I thought about it, I nodded understanding exactly what she meant. If my mum were still alive I wouldn't be some troubled kid who has anxiety attacks when the thought of her creeps into my mind.

"Are you okay?" Tears silently ran down Bella's cheek as she stared up at the coral tinted sky. I gently brushed away her tears hoping it would make her feel more at ease.

"My mum died when I was ten. She had leukemia and fought until the day she died. Now my dad has a whole new family with his perfect wife, perfect kids and perfect life. They all hate me because I resent my dad for moving on so quickly after she died. It was only a month after that he got married." I listened silently as she explained her childhood. By the time she finished I was not sure of what to do so I cupped her tear stricken cheeks and gently kissed her. The kiss was full of meaning and understanding. We had both gone through horrible things and lost people we really loved. Bella wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me closer to her.

"I love you." I whispered the words against her lips. Although my eyes were still closed, I could feel her smile against my lips.

"I love you." We began to kiss again with our warm tongues gliding over each other. All of a sudden I could hear a car, hopefully the tow truck we'd been waiting for. I stepped down from the car and saw a rusted tow truck slowly pulling up behind my range rover. An obese man stepped out from the truck wearing stained overalls and muddy boots.

"Harry Styles?" He sounded tired, probably a long day of picking up cars all over London while eating greasy burgers.

"Yeah, how much is it going to be?"

"Your total is two hundred fifty for the tow and then whatever extra cost for the tires will be determined at the shop." Great. I worked my whole summer at the bakery and now I'm going to waste it on tires. The guy tapped his foot getting impatient while waiting for a response.

"Alright, that's fine." I signed the paperwork and watched as my car got loaded up onto the truck.

"Hop on in and we'll drive back into town." I engulfed Bella's hand as stepped into the truck.

Two hours and three hundred fifty dollars later we finally were back at Bella's driveway. I sighed, disappointed that the date was ruined.

"Sorry that didn't go how I thought it would." I said sheepishly to Bella.

"Harry, that was the best date I've ever been on." I made a 'Really?' face at her and she nodded.

"I better go, my dad is probably waiting for me." As she turned to get out of the car I grabbed her wrist and brought her back facing me to crash our lips together. As we pulled away a smirk spread on her face as she stepped out of the car. She walked quite slow back up the driveway as if teasing me. I honked twice causing her to visibly laugh, even from a distance. Once she entered her large estate I drove away listening to "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones, and started relishing in the amazing night I'd just had.

(Vote if you liked this chapter? Ily!)