Chapter 18: Aftermath

My fists are clenched as tight as possible onto the steering wheel. This is the most nervous I've ever been in my life, and it's only fucking Tuesday. The whiskey is beginning to take effect as it slightly eases my nerves. The large house comes into view and I'm sweating like crazy. My palms are clammy and my head is spinning.

"Are you okay?" Bella notices that my curls are practically soaked to my head. The touch of her hand soothes me and I nod my head.

"Yeah, you?" I ask trying to get attention off of me.

"I'm really nervous of how he'll react. This could either go horrible or he could be compromising for once in his life. Lets hope it's the second one." She opens the car door and begins walking. I can never seem to keep up with her. I sigh and open my door. By the time I'm on the porch she's already rung the doorbell. It's kind of ironic that she has to ring the doorbell to her own home. After a few seconds Penny appears.

"Hey Bell! Your daddy is mad at you. Why?" She's cute but fucking annoying at the same time.

"I can't talk to you about it, is he in there?" Bella points to the living room and Penny nods. Charles is sitting the chair watching the news.

"Dad, can we talk?" I'm glad she is calm because I definitely am not. He turns around with a startled look on his face, but nods. He directs us to the dining room and sits at the head of the table. We sit in the most uncomfortable silence ever. Bella's lips are parted as if she's going to say something, but nothing comes out.

"Did you know my mum?" I say out of curiosity, not anger.

"Your mother was the women I had an affair with." The breath is knocked out of me in disbelief.

"Excuse me?" I say through clenched teeth.

"When Bella's mother found out she had terminal cancer she wanted nothing to do with me. She wanted me to move on and practically forget about her. She would scream at me until I finally left the house. I went to the supermarket to get Isabella cereal when I saw this beautiful women holding her child. I struck up a conversation with her and that's how things got started..." I can't believe I don't remember this. It's actually nice to think my mum was happy before she died, until I start putting the pieces together.

"You're the reason why my father killed her, aren't you? He found out about you two and fucking killed her!" I scream, my hands angrily brush through my hair and I pound my fist on the table.

"No Harry we broke it off a week before your father killed her, I didn't see her after that." Charles says with his head in his hands. My cheeks are soaked with tears. There is nothing else I want to say. Bella looks at him in disbelief.

"I was thinking about moving into Aunt Margaret's house." She says with a stern voice.

"What? You are not moving all the way to America! At least not right now." He is now standing and looking directly at Bella. What the fuck does he mean 'not right now'?

"I don't want to be around you if you can't accept who I want to be, not who you want me to be. I love Harry and I don't want to go into the family business, I want to find myself. You can't decide everything in my life." Damn she is really good at this. Charles wipes tears from his eyes, but nods.

"You will still be going to the college you got accepted to, correct?" Charles asks, practically pleading. I never even thought about college. Shit we probably won't even see each other if it's far away. Plus, it's probably expensive as hell, and I'm not exactly the most rich person in the world.

"What college?" I ask. Bella attempts not to look at me, but fails. She bites her bottom lip and I know she's nervous.

"Harry I was going to tell you..." Her eyes are glossy as she speaks.

"What fucking college Bella?" Just when I thought everything was okay this shit happens.

"I got accepted into NYU." Does she mean New York University? For fucks sake I expected it to at least be in England. I turn around and begin to walk back to the entrance of the house. I hear Bella coming after me, but I need time to think.

"Harry wait!" She grabs my forearm and I hesitantly turn around.

"This doesn't change anything." She says. She knows she's lying to herself.

"Are you kidding me? This changes everything! You'll be eight hours away if I even have the money to get a fucking plane ticket! When were you going to tell me? The day before you leave? I love you so much Bella, but long distance relationships don't work."

"You could come with me." She begs.

"And how is that? I have a shit GPA and wouldn't know anyone in America anyways." I would love the idea of being wherever Bella is, but New York is a bit of a stretch.

"Are you breaking up with me?" Her voice shakes and tears fall from her eyes. This is too much emotion for one day.

"I don't know." I say truthfully while gently brushing her tears away with my thumb.

"I should go." And with that I turn on my heels and go back out to my car. I curse and smack my hand against the steering wheel multiple times. She has a future which I probably won't be a part of. She's known about this for months probably and didn't even let me know what would happen. When summers over, she'll be gone and I'll be a fucking mess. I wish I could be greedy and make her stay here, but she deserves to go and find out what she wants to do for the rest of her life. These thoughts are confusing as fuck. I could easily go to New York, but what would be waiting there for me? All I'd have is Bella. I've known my friends here my whole life, they're like brothers to me. I finally get home and decide to forget all my thoughts, they are getting me no where. Gramps is still in the same position in his chair.

"I made dinner, leftovers are in the fridge." He says. I didn't even realize how hungry I was until a low rumble is heard.

"Thanks gramps." I say and heat up the food. I decide to take it up to my room, I don't want to be around anyone. My phone vibrates in my pocket, Bella's name appears on the screen and I ignore it. I don't want to talk to anyone either, not even her. My mind lingers as I drift off to sleep, this can all wait until tomorrow.

My alarm pierces my eardrums. I press the button and it quickly shuts up. I do my usual routine and get outside just in time to catch the bus. The boys carry on a conversation about the football match from last night, but I don't join in. My music plays through my earphones as I tap along to the beat. I've realized that music soothes me no matter what situation I am in. We pull up and I slowly stand. I'm anxious to see Bella, and not in a good way. I easily spot her besides Eleanor scanning the crowd for me most likely.

"Can I talk to you?" She asks as I walk up to them.

"Yeah." I mumble. She leads me over to a mostly vacant section of the front of the school.

"I'm moving to New York two days after school finishes. I know I should've told you, but I lost track of time and was scared to lose you." I'm taken back. School ends in two months, that's not enough time left with her.

"I don't know what to do." I say truthfully.

"You don't have to do anything. I just had some false hope that you'd want to go with me." The bell rings and I thank god. I don't want to talk about any of this right now. She's leaving soon and I know time isn't in my favor.

Chemistry class goes by in silence. We don't look at each other or speak to one another. The rest of the day goes by in the blink of an eye, most likely because I don't pay attention in class. I decide to go home, order pizza, and forget about my worries.

Friday is my favorite day of the week because it's the start of another crazy weekend. The day goes by with Bella and I not speaking. There's nothing to say. Louis invited me to a party which I hesitantly agreed to go to. When I pull up, drunks are already outside bare naked. I walk in and immediately find my friends. Maya is there which kind of pisses me off.

"Look who finally decided to show up! Sit down and have a drink mate." Louis hands me what I can only assume is whiskey.

"Are you still with that prude?" Maya asks while raising an eyebrow.

"Don't call her that, and no." I say and take a swig of the alcohol. Maya smiles sending chills through me. I down m first, second and third cup. The room is spinning and nothing makes sense. Before I know it, Maya is on my lap and we are hungrily making out. Her lips are foreign compared to Bella's. I don't know why, but I don't stop myself. We go up to a vacant room and I quickly lock the door. When I turn around, Maya is already naked and on the bed. I really want to stop but the alcohol won't let me. I pull out a condemn and roughly pump in and out of Maya. It's nothing like with Bella, it's emotionless and has no meaning. She screams my name over and over but I hate it. By the time we're done I feel sober. I want to fucking shoot myself for what I just did.

"Where are you going?" Maya questions as I put my clothes back on.

"Home, you should probably leave also." I say and grab my keys. It's a little after three by the time I get back. I already have a massive hangover and am full of regrets. I just had sex. someone who isn't Bella and I feel horrible for it.

(Please Vote/Comment/Follow! What do you think will happen next chapter? Comment your thoughts!)