Chapter 39: Accepted

The smell of pancakes, or maybe waffles I'm not sure, surfaced me from deep sleep.

"Good morning." God I love when she wears my shirts. They end just over mid thigh, barely enough space to keep me grounded.

"Morning." My voice sounds like I just smoked ten packs of cigarettes.

"I'm making pancakes, they should be done soon." I nod, stomach rumbling already.

"I'm going to check the mail real quick." I kiss her cheek before heading out the door. Only four envelopes are in my box.

"What did we get today?" Bella asks whilst flipping the golden chocolate chip pancakes I love so much.

"Bill, bill, bill, oh shit..." You know when you receive a test and have no clue what your grade will be? That's exactly how I feel in this moment.

"What is it?" She peers over my shoulder, "Oh." Exactly.

"Open it." The NYU letter rests in my hands. For some reason I don't want to peel open the letter to my future.

"You do it." I hand it to Bella, who thankfully takes it. Her eyes scan over the paper, taking in every detail.

"You got in!" Relief floods through me. With this my life can actually go somewhere.

"I've got tell gramps, Louis, hell all the boys!" My words escaped before my mind could catch up. It hit me like a builder, weight crashing down on my chest.

"I'm sorry Harry." Why the fuck did I just say his name? Bella attempts to grab my hand, but I pull away on instinct.

"Don't be sorry. I don't know why I said that."

"It's because you miss him, you have to grieve like everyone else sometime Harry, not keep it all bottled up." She's right, I've not even thought about his death since the funeral. I pushed it back to the furthest depths of my mind only to have it come slithering back out again.

"I can't. You know what happens if I think about him, or her." A fucking anxiety attack that's what.

"I know, but maybe if you're talking to me about it nothing will happen."

"I'm not into that therapist shit. I love you, but I don't think I can do it."

She sighs, knowing there's no use in trying. "Maybe one day?"

"Maybe." The air smells of food burning, "Babe I think the pancakes are burnt." She squeals before running into the kitchen and turning the stove off.

"Will you still eat them?" They are literally black on the side which was faced down.

"Hell no, let's just go to breakfast." She agrees and we both get dressed. After five minutes of arguing we both decided on iHop.

A mountain of pancakes combined with whipped cream and chocolate chips sat in front of me. The place has some challenge where if you eat it all within ten minutes you get a t-shirt and your name put up on the wall.

The owner signaled me to start as the timer began to tick. The first bite tasted amazing, the flavor overcame my senses. There is a total of thirteen pancakes I have to eat in order to win. This is my first and it's not that bad. I can't imagine what it will be like on the tenth.

Cursing doesn't help as I attempt to down the eighth pancake.

"I give up." Only a few seconds remain on the timer, no point anyways.

Just as we're about to leave, Kyle walks in.

(I'm so sorry for not updating, I have been extremely busy with sports and school.
QOTD: What's your favorite movie?
Please vote, comment, follow!)