Chapter 27: Interview

I patiently wait for Bella to wake up from her slumber. I'm surprised she hasn't asked when I have to go back home yet. The fact that tomorrow I have to get back onto a plane to go back to hell does not sound appealing whatsoever.

I attempt to shift my body under her weight causing a sigh to escape her lips. I mentally curse for disturbing her.

"Harry." She complains, making me chuckle.

"Sorry I really got to piss." She rolls over, allowing me to get up and go to the bathroom. When I return she is awake and getting dressed.

"Going somewhere?" I ask before laying back down on the bed.

"I completely forgot about my interview at a publishing company today! I need to go back to the dorms, get ready, and then be there within forty minutes."

"So, why are you stressing?" I question while staring at the ceiling.

"Women need longer than forty minutes to get ready for a very important interview. Only five out of two hundred got chosen to even come in and interview for the internship." I can tell she's flustered and nervous.

"I'll go with you, if we can get doughnuts." When I'm hungry, you don't want to be around me.

"Deal." We shake on it before rushing out of the hotel. Bella gets a cab almost immediately.

"You know you only get them that quickly because you're sexy, right?" The driver laughs before starting to drive. I don't know if I should laugh along or punch him in the fucking face. Bella quickly swats me with a frown playing at her lips.

"I know you love it." She shakes her head with a smile which tells me otherwise.

We finally pull up to the building. Bella practically sprints out of the cab and up to her dorm.

"Sorry about that." I shake my head whilst paying the driver.

"Women, you gotta love 'em." He thanks me before driving off. I hesitantly make my way up to the cramped dorm. I finally reach the room and lightly knock.

"Who the fuck- oh hello Harry come in." Jessica has an ice pack held up to her head.

"What the fuck happened to you?" I say half laughing.

"I got into a fight with some dumb bitch after you all left, if was quite entertaining actually." We exchange a quick high-five just as Bella steps out of the restroom. She has on a skin tight black dress with black heels.

"Does this look alright?" That's the dumbest fucking question I've ever heard.

"Jesus Christ." Slips out before I can stop it. I get a glare from Bella and an amused look from Jessica.

"I told you it was perfect! You look beautiful, now get out of here and get that job!" They exchange friendly hugs as we head out the door.

"I really hope this place has good doughnuts." I complain as we pull up. The place is absolutely huge and looks extremely professional. I feel out of place with my black jeans and white t-shirt on.

Bella playfully rolls her eyes before speaking to the secretary, "Hello I'm here for the internship interview. My name is Isabella Hastings." The lady scrolls through her computer before letting us know it will be a few minutes.

"I'm really nervous." Her hand is shaking on the arm of the waiting chairs. I grab it and give a reassuring squeeze.

"Just pretend like you're speaking to me, or something like that. If it makes you anymore comfortable. When I had to present I'd pretend I was speaking to my mum or gramps, it actually helped a lot." Someone calls her name from the back of the office.

"Good luck." I kiss her cheek before she gets up and walks down the hall. Boredom and hunger overcome me within a few minutes. "Do you have any doughnuts?" I ask the secretary. She laughs before pointing at a table hidden behind the corner of a hallway. I pick up three and practically vacuum them up.

After thirty minutes of pure boredom Bella returns. "So?" I'm standing now, on edge of the verdict. Her features are sorrow as she begins to speak.

"I got it!" She squeals before running into me.

"You almost gave me a fucking heart attack." I whisper, attempting to avoid stares from the other clients sat near us.

"It worked, I pretended I was talking to you the whole time."

"I told you." A smirk covers my face after my sarcastic remark. Bella pulls away and begins to walk out of the building.

"Don't get too cocky, Styles." I don't know wether it's the fact that she said cocky or the way her accent sounds with my last name, but teen hormones are very overwhelming at times.

"There's no need to be jealous of me, Hastings." I copy her tone, earning a playful shove. I quickly recover and pick her up.

"Put me down!" I gently put her down as giggles escape her lips.

Our lips meet, as if on cue. "You really should not have worn that dress." I say as soon as we pull away.

"Why, is it too much for you?" She playfully flaunts the all too tempting dress.

"Actually, it is." I say.

"What are you going to do about it Harry?" She bits her lip, sending heat throughout my body. I wave my hand at a passing taxi. It pulls over on the curb right in front of us.

"Come with me and I will show you." I should probably tell her that I'm leaving tomorrow, but for right now
I'd rather live in the moment.

(Votes, Comments, and Follows are very much appreciated! Thanks for reading!)