Chapter 37: Week

It's been a week since moving here. I got a job the other day working at a music store a few blocks away. Everything there feels vintage. When you enter aisles of CDs take up most of the store, but as you get further back old records sit, dusted and aging. I spend most of my time in the back, listening to songs of the past which have been forgotten over time.

"Someone's here for you Harry." My boss said, I'm surprised she even remembered my name. All she does is read her novels, gray bangs covering her flower covered reading glasses (her glasses are ugly as hell.)

"Alright thanks." I stood up and walked to the front. "Hello I'm Harry how may I-" Bella twirled around before practically jumping into my arms.

"I brought you food." She held up a bag with a panda bear image placed on it.

"This is why I love you." My stomach rumbled, reminding me the lack of food I've eaten all day.

We walked to the 'break room' which consists of two cream plastic chairs with a dinky table placed in between them.

"How has your day been?" I asked.

"Horrible, yours?" I feverishly opened the bag to find noodles, rice, and sesame chicken.

"It just got a whole lot better." The delicious food filled my senses, the plate sitting in front of me quickly piled up.

"What do you want to do tonight?" She asked. Friday came faster than I thought.

"I dunno." I shrugged before taking another mouthful of food.

"Everyone's going out to that bar again."

"Sorry but after what I witnessed last time, I'm not going there with them again."

"Agreed... I don't know what else there is to do."

"We're in New York, we'll find something."

"Harry! Costumer." I rolled my eyes before standing up.

"I need to get back to campus see you at the apartment?" I nodded my head, gave her a quick kiss and may or may not have stared as she waltzed out of the place.

The day was slow as hell. Only stoners or hippies come into the store, each one attempting to argue with me over the greatest bands of all time.

'Don't be an ego driven male in my shop Harry.' My greatly annoying boss warned. I shrugged her off and got back to organizing CDs.

A few more hours and I collected my pay. Honestly I only got this job for entertainment, so I guess the pay is just a bonus.

"Honey, I'm home." I sing-songed once entering the apartment. Living room was clear as well as the kitchen. I found her curled up on the bed, book still in hand. She looked peaceful, beautiful in deep sleep. Eyebrows furrowed from the lines she read before drifting off.

I sighed, pulling off my shoes and laid down on the bed. Nothing like staring at the ceiling, hands behind your head with boredom taking over.

After a few minutes I couldn't fall asleep, so I got up and watched some football. It must have been almost two hours when Bella finally came out of the room.

"I'm sorry I slept so long." She sat on my lap, rustling my unruly curls.

"Don't worry about it, you had a long week."

"I know, but I haven't gotten to see you much." I mumbled some sort of agreement before connecting our lips. She gripped my roots, deepening the kiss.

"As much as I'd love to continue this right now, we are going out."

"Are we now?" She asked, pushing me with the tone of her voice.

"Yes, and you're going to enjoy it."

(Sorry about the short update! Long one coming tomorrow :D
Vote, comment, follow!
QOTD: What do you think of the 'Midnight Memories' track list? I'm so excited!)