Chapter ~ 23

Justin P.O.V

"Jackson is breathing" I said as I looked at Jason. He stared at me for a second before chuckling. But it sounded bitter.

"I fucking killed him. Don't play with me like that, Justin. Is my baby you're playing with" He threatened weakly.

"I'm not playing!" I exclaimed "Come. Put your cheek close to his nose" I instructed. Jason did as I said and got close to his baby. After a minute he stepped back and looked at me through glassy eyes.

"My son is breathing" He mumbled quietly. Something snapped within him making him look at me like a madman "We need to call an ambulance!" He said loudly.

"No!" I cried "Jason, you tried to kill the baby, but you succeeded on killing your wife. If we bring an ambulance, they will see this mess" Jason stopped for a moment and looked at the bloody bed.

"What do we do?" He asked helplessly.

"I will get the baby out of this blood infested clothes, while you change yours and get the car ready. But hurry up, we don't know how weak his heart and lungs are" He nodded and left the room. I picked the baby up carefully and took him out of the bloody shirt, pants and underwear.

I laid him down and ran to the bathroom for a wet cloth. Running back, I cleaned up the dry blood on his skin. Once I was finished, I looked around for a set of clean clothes and underwear. Once I found it, I quickly started putting it on. A horn blurted out from the outside of the house making me jump slightly.

Holy fuck, I was alone in a house where there was a corpse and a baby almost dying.

When in the world did I get myself in this situation?

Once I was finished with the baby, I carried him, threw a blanket over his head and ran out of the room, down the stairs, out of the front door and to the car that was ready to speed off after I closed the door.

I got into the passenger seat and closed the door. I adjusted the baby in my arms, signaling Jason to speed off. I kept checking Jackson's breathing regularly. Afraid that at any given moment he was going to stop breathing on me.

"Are you going to his hospital?" I asked.

"No, its too far. I'm going to the one just a few blocks away" I nodded and looked down at Jackson. I grabbed is small closed fist and held it. His little hand was cold, just like his whole body "Why is he not saying or doing anything?" Jason asked.

"I don't know. But I know that he's breathing" Shortly after, we were pulling up in front of the hospital. Not waiting for Jason to turn the engine off, I got off and jogged lightly inside the hospital and to the front desk.

"We need a doctor, fast!" I said loudly as soon as I walked in. A second later a lady came towards me shushing me.

"Sir, I will have to ask you to calm down. There's peo---"

"People what? I have a minor dying in my arms and you're telling me to shut up? He needs oxygen!" The lady stopped for a second to look at Jackson before she rushed me into a room.

"What's wrong with him?" She asked me as she made me place him on the bed.

"He have problems breathing as well as in need for a heart transplant but his hospital still have none for him. He stopped breathing at home a while back and we thought he died, but we found out he was still breathing" I explained.

"How old is he?" I remember Jason mentioning his age when he was explaining what was happening to him.

"Two" I replied. She nodded and looked at me after placing an oxygen mask over his nose and mouth.