Chapter ~ 29

Justin P.O.V

In my opinion, everything was going great. I am only eighteen, already have a family of my own in some ways and I'm already building a career for myself, my son and boyfriend. Jason and I have been the happiest along with Jackson who hasn't been still for the longest time. Always wanting to be out. Always wanting to run, swim, jump; which is why we had to buy a house with a backyard and a pool.

As I sat Jackson on the couch and put Lazy Town on for him, the bell rang as Jason walked into the kitchen. Sighing, I walked to the front door and opened the door. My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach as I saw two police officers standing in my front porch.

"Hello, how may I help you?" I asked as I tried to keep my stuttering to a minimum.

"Is Jason McCann present?" One of them asked. According to his tag, it was officer Sales.

"Yes, he is"

"We would like to ask him some question about his wife, Gabby McCann" I nodded stiffly and called out for Jason. As we waited, I invited the officers in and into the living room.

"Hey, Jack, go upstairs and turn the TV on in daddy's room" He nodded and ran upstair.

"Wha---" I turned around to see Jason froze in place.

"The officers here wants to ask you a few questions about your ex wife" I said emphasising the ex so Jason wouldn't put two feet in one shoe.

"Ex?" One officer asked.

"Yes, Gabby and I divorced a few years back" Jason replied as he got closer.

I just prayed they wouldn't ask to see the divorce papers.

"The house in which Gabby Martinez lived, was reported with an unpleasant odor which has been going on for months, after a few days of searching, Miss Martinez was found buried in her own backyard with multiple stabs" Officer Gomez explained. Oh fuck.

"W-W-What?" Jason stuttered as he acted surprised.

"When was the last time you saw Miss Martinez?" Officer Sales asked as he started to write on a notepad.

"About nine months ago. Our son, Jackson, was having surgery for a heart transplant and that night she left because she couldn't handle looking at her son in that state. After that, when Jackson woke up, I tried to call her but nothing, she never answered. I went to her house once but she wasn't there. After that, I tried to contact her to come see her son but nothing ever happened. She never got back to me" Jason said and I just wanted to applaud him. I thought he was going to send himself to jail.

"For how long were you two married?"

"For about three years"

"How did you two ended the divorce?"

"It was mutual. We just didn't feel a connection" Jason said calmly.

"Did you ever knew about another possible partner of Miss Martinez?"

"No. We never kept track of each other's life like that"

"Your fingerprints were found all over her house. How do you explain that?"

"I went to visit Jackson a few weeks before his surgery"

"Who brought the kid to the hospital?"

"Gabby did. It was the same night she suddenly disappeared" Jason replied as officers Gomez and Sales looked at Jason skeptically.

"Since when are you two dating?" How does that comes to this case? I don't know.

"Eight months" Jason answered.