Chapter ~ 26

Jason P.O.V

It has been eight hours to be exact and approximately the same amount of cups of coffee, yet there's no news about my champion. The lady in the front desk have only told me that they were still in the surgery room. Nothing else has been said and it's eating me alive. I don't need this waiting bullshit.

"Jason?" My head snapped towards Justin who was next to me bobbing his leg up and down.

"Yeah?"

"I have a question" He said making me raise an eyebrow at him in a questioning matter.

"What is it?"

"So, you see the heart Jackson is getting?" I nodded "Is he going go feel everything the other kid felt? Like, is he not going to recognize you? Or is he going to think he is another person?" Damn, and I thought it was only one question.

"No, Justin, my champion is going to be the same kid. Only thing is that he going to have a better heart and a longer living" I explained. Justin nodded and looked ahead once again. I couldn't help but chuckle at his questions "You're so stupid" I mumbled.

"Well, excuse that this is my first time facing a situation like this. Stu---" He was cut off by his phone ringing. I raised an eyebrow at him to which he only shrugged. Taking his phone out of his pocket, his eyes widened "Holy fuck..." He mumbled before putting the phone to his ear after pressing the green button "Hello" He said and I could just hear his mother's voice from the other line.

"Justin Drew Bieber, you are in big trouble young man!" Well, fuck.

"Mom... I can explain"

"Explain what?" She kept yelling "That you disappeared for two whole days, let's not mention that this make it three days, and didn't bring yourself to pick your phone up? I hope that have a logical ass explanation" Yup, she is mad.

"I do" Justin mumbled "Jason and I had to come out of state fo---"

"You and Jason what?!" And here I thought her voice couldn't escalate anymore "Out of state to do what? Is Jason being a bad influence already?" If she only knew.

"No! Its just, his kid i---"

"His kid? What godforsaken kid are you talking about? Jason is a father? Since when? Does he have a wife?" She shouted questions like they were bullets.

"Mom, can you calm down? It---"

"Calm down? Are you honestly telling to calm down right after you told me you're out of state with your boyfriend and that your boyfriend has a child?!"

"Jason's kid was in need of a heart transplant!" Justin yelled right back. Well, maybe that way these people can know we are here and give me some update on my son.

"A what?!" She yelled. Damn. pattie, that throat of yours.

"Heart transplant, mom. He didn't have much time to live and he had to be transferred to another hospital. Gladly, they found a heart rather quickly and the baby has been in a surgery room for the last eight hours" Justin explained. Not hearing Pattie's voice anymore, I got closer to the phone.

"Oh Jesus Christ, in what state are you in?" She asked as Justin looked at me for an answer.

"Maine" I whispered.

"We're in Maine" And why did Justin say that? That only caused Pattie to start yelling once again.

"In where?! You went all the way from New Jersey to Maine? Leaving school in the dust?"