Chapter VII

QUESTION FOR TODAY: Why am I running out of questions by Chapter 7? 🤔

I hurried down the corridor, achingly aware of how late I was. From what Jake had said, I imagined that my teacher would be less than impressed by my tardiness. For some reason, I was oddly nervous; my palms were sweating, and my skin was pallid in colour. I inwardly sighed and adopted a brisk pace, trying to shake my frantic thoughts away. My nervousness was completely irrational.

"Car girl!"

I winced and turned around, curious. The girl I had seen entering a random person's car a few days prior was waving at me, grinning. I hesitantly walked towards her.

"So you are a werewolf." She raised an eyebrow.

"No, I'm just a girl with the Sight. I've realised I'd rather be blind." I muttered.

She laughed. "My name is Alexis."

"I'm Thea," I replied.

"Well it's lovely to actually meet you, Thea. What lesson do you have?" she asked.

"Chemistry with Mr Black."

"Same!" She brightened immediately and grabbed my arms, towing me through the crowds. "Don't worry, tiny human. I'll get us to this lesson much faster."

I frowned in puzzlement. "Alexis, I'm taller than you!"

"Still," she hesitated, searching for an argument. "I'm taller than you in wolf form."

I cringed. "Too much information."

"God, it's a wolf not a period." she laughed.

Upon seeing my shocked expression, she grinned again. "You haven't started your period, have you?"

I blushed deep red. "I don't want to talk about it!"

She grinned, enjoying my discomfort immensely.

We reached an empty corridor and she dragged me towards a door conveniently labelled 'Mr Black'. I peered through the window, finally seeing the benefits of my weedy stature. The entire class was scribbling down notes, completely focused. I bit my lip.

"They've gone in!" I whispered, leaning against the door.

Alexis frantically brought a finger to her lips, and cringed when she heard approaching footsteps. I frowned in bemusement.

"What?" I whispered. "What's wrong?"

Just as she was about to reply, the door was swung open and I lost my footing, falling backwards. I shut my eyes and braced myself for what was certain to be a painful fall. Before I connected with solid turf, a pair of muscly arms wound around my waist and I was hauled upright. I reluctantly looked up through my lashes.

Fuck. My teacher was gorgeous.

He towered over me, standing at around 6"4. His hair, of such a dark hue that it could've been mistaken for jet black, was styled as if he had just awoken. A few stray locks fell over his striking silver eyes and I ached to fix them back into place. Stubble grazed his square cut jawline, hinting at his age. I fumbled for a legitimate explanation for my tardiness, and upon finding none, I remained silent. He was staring at me like an artist admires a painting; assessing every detail, enraptured by every dazzling hue.

"Mate," he breathed, eliciting shocked gasps from the class.

"Why don't you have blonde hair and blue eyes? Judging by that crazed look in your eyes, you're obviously a Lycan, so why don't you look like the rest?" I blurted.