Chapter XXX

QUESTION FOR TODAY: Werewolves or vampires? 😝

"Tom was my father."

The world seemed to stop spinning. Damien's eyes were bulging out of their sockets and I licked my lips- a solid lump had formed in my throat.

"So you're my-"

Jake's eyes bored into mine. "I'm your cousin."

"You tried to kiss me!" I blurted. "Why do all of my family members want to date me?"

"I didn't know then!" He exclaimed, somewhat angrily. "I found out when he came to tell me-"

That's when Damien intervened. "Tom came to see you?'

"N-not in the way you're thinking." Jake stuttered. "He told me after we had that conference about me trying to kiss T...said he wanted me by his side when he took her as his bride. Obviously I denied or else I wouldn't be sat in this cell."

I inhaled sharply. My wolf was pacing restlessly inside my head, as if unsure of what to think. Jake's gaze levelled mine and his eyes pleaded with my own. I looked at Alex for comfort and he simply smiled lightly.

"So you did fraternise with the enemy. You were in talks with the very man who not only kidnapped your Luna, but meant to take her as his mate." Damien summarised.

Jake leaned forward in his silver shackles, barely wincing when the metal bit into his skin. I shifted towards him, and his frightened eyes settled on me instantly. I slowly leant down until I was at face level with the Beta and raised a hand.

A luminescent glow erupted from my fingertips, shocking everyone into a heady silence. The air crackled with energy and I smirked at the prisoner.

"This light is the driving force beneath my powers. I wonder what'd happen if I released this on you?" I leaned forwards slightly until my breath fanned his cheek. "I don't think you'd like to find out."

Jake shook his head fervently. "Thea-"

"It's Luna to you, cousin. Now you better pull your brain out of your ass and answer everything I ask." I snapped.

"Alright, Luna. I just wanted to say that I wouldn't ever plot against you, even if my own blood calls for it. I told him that I didn't want anything to do with his stupid scheme because-"

"Wait," Alex interjected with a frown. "You've known since then that he was planning to kidnap our Luna?"

Even the warriors gasped in both shock and horror as Alex's words finally registered. I leaned backwards, trembling, and cast my wide eyes to the floor. Tears threatened to spill at Jake's betrayal.

"N-no-"

"Jake, just cut the crap!" I screamed, losing my temper. "Tell the truth for once in your life."

"Alright. If you want the truth then so be it. I knew of his plan. But he's my father. Surely you remember what it feels like to want the love of your dad! So I didn't rat him out, but I played no plan in his vindictive scheme." Jake confessed.

Upon seeing my hurt expression he leaned forward, desperately trying to console me. I scrambled backwards with a terrified shriek and Damien instantly took me into his arms, murmuring softly. He tenderly passed me into the awaiting arms of Alex, who was trembling with fury. I'd never seen him so angry.

"Stay by my side or so help me I will rip that bastard's throat out." Alex snarled.

I nodded weakly and looked at my mate. At that moment, however, he wasn't just the tender- albeit fuck-boyish man with whom I had fallen irrevocably in love- but an almighty Alpha, whose mood was as unpredictable as the English seasons. And I would know- I was a Yorkshire lass, born and bred.