Chapter XXXIII

A/N: My English writing, to my EXTREME surprise, was not as much of an epic failure as I had previously assumed; I got an 8 (if you're British and are taking the new GCSE, you'll understand this). English Reading was a 9, so I'm fairly happy now aha. Thanks for bearing with me! X

Love you all X

QUESTION FOR TODAY: Brussel sprouts or nah? I LIVE FOR THEM 😍

"Why have you suddenly insisted that I do more training?" I asked.

Damien frowned. "It isn't just you, kitten. Everyone has to do more training."

I huffed exasperatedly and tugged at the hem of my shirt. Damien was right. Even the children- albeit somewhat reluctantly- were committing to more hours of training. The men were ecstatic to hear the news and now sparred on the field. The victors flashed their female onlookers winning smiles, effectively purloining their hearts. It truly was a sight to behold.

A sight I must certainly did not belong in.

A cacophony of roars resonated through the clearing, mingling with the heady air. I unconsciously stepped into Damien's arms and a chuckle left his lips.

"Come on, T. You aren't a human anymore; you're a werewolf, gifted with glorious abilities. It's time to develop your newfound skills." said Damien.

"I don't have any new skills," I whined. "The only skill I had to begin with was eating."

"You'll be fine. Just be as feisty as you normally are!" he grinned before capturing my lips in a final kiss.

"Feisty my ass." I grumbled.

My opponent met my scowl with a knowing smile. She was slightly shorter than me with a willowy frame, but what she lost in size she gained in muscle. Her calves were thick with rolls of steel, and she was graced with washboard abs. I looked down at my stomach, grimacing, and immediately flushed.

"You may have your impressive muscles," I declared loudly, "But I have something you don't- a 750g jar of Nutella. So who's the real winner here?"

"With all due respect, Luna, the real winner is most likely myself. I am trained in combat, after all." she chuckled lightly.

Anger spread through my body and I gritted my teeth.

We're the Luna. She is no match for us.

My wolf's words, however true, did not offer me any consolation. Damien looked at us expectantly and I cocked an eyebrow. Upon realizing that I didn't understand what was going on he heaved a sigh.

"On the count of three, the pair of you must shift. You will fight in wolf form until one of you pins the other to the ground. I wish you both the best of luck." Damien spoke with such impatience that my temper flared once again.

"Wait, I'm confused-"

"1..." Damien smoothly intervened.

"How do I-?"

"2..."

"I don't even know how to bloody shift!"

"3!"

My opponent shifted and sped towards me. Panic rooted me in place as the wolf approached, baring its teeth.