Chapter XX

QUESTION FOR TODAY: Who do you suspect to be the one leaving notes? Who do you think killed Chrissy? Leave your suspicions in a comment :P

Thanks for the continued support by the way, it means the world! I love every one of you <3 Anyhow, let's carry on with the story.

"This? Again?"

Damien was still posted outside my door. He had apologised profusely, but I refused to back down. Last time, when I surrendered, he had used his power against me.

It would not happen again.

"Your Uncle Tom is here, by the way. He wants to see you."

I see your game, Alpha. And I won't play it.

"Uncle Tom can wait." I replied. "I need to see this through."

"What is 'this'? What are you seeing through?" he snapped, losing his temper.

"I'm teaching you a lesson, mate. My body may react to you, but until you have regained my trust, the door to my heart will forever remain shut." I said.

He sighed and walked off. "Fine. You do that."

I glared at the floor, throughly annoyed. His nonchalance infuriated me more than it should. Not only was I pissed off, but I was also starving. Werewolves, I had noticed, didn't cater for vegetarians. I'd been living off salad for the past few weeks.

"I miss my Quorn." I sulked.

An idea floated into my mind and I bit my lip, toying with the thought. It was far fetched- all of my ideas were- but it would satiate my hunger.

After a few minutes of contemplation I curled my hand around the door knob. With a heavy sigh I opened the door and crept downstairs, trying desperately to remain silent. Lycäns had enhanced hearing, and my idea of quietness probably wasn't theirs.

"She's still up there, Tom. She refuses to come downstairs."

Ha. If only he knew.

Damien's voice seemed to be coming from the living room. I dropped onto my knees and shuffled past the door, which was slightly ajar. Their conversation ceased for a moment and I froze.

Eventually, Uncle Tom replied. "I need to apologise. I lost my temper with her, and I shouldn't have. She's been through too much to deal with my mood swings."

I didn't stay to hear Damien's reply. The kitchen was a few feet away, and there was no point in giving up now.

I crawled past the door and scrambled upright, breathing heavily. The room was deserted. I sighed in relief and scaled the countertop, my thoughts lingering on Quorn. I knew that werewolves were not renowned for their vegetarianism, but a girl could dream...right?

To my displeasure, the cabinets were piled high with meat related products. I tutted.

"Looking for something?"

It was Damien. Of that much I was sure. I took a steadying breath and resumed my search, dismissing his presence. If there was a way to piss off an Alpha, it was to ignore him.