Chapter XXV

QUESTION FOR TODAY: Snow all winter or hot weather all summer?

"What happened to her?"

"I hear she's dead."

"Maybe the Luna killed her."

Whispers followed me wherever I went. It'd been a few days since Alexis' death and guilt was taking root in my mind, poisoning my thoughts and ridding me of my rationality. I know that she had betrayed both me and my pack, but that wasn't common knowledge. It was hardly a surprise when rumours arose.

"We're moving into the new pack house today." Damien said softly.

"That's cool." I flung my arms across the crisp bedsheets and closed my eyes, craving more sleep.

"You don't seem overly excited." he frowned.

"I am," I sighed, suppressing a grimace. "It's just...well, I'm kind of nervous. I don't really know why-"

"Don't worry about anything, princess. You're with me. I won't let anything or anyone hurt you." he said.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and smiled. He lifted his head from the pillow and planted his lips on mine, shifting his weight until I was sprawled on top of him. I moaned softly and tangled my hands in his hair. His tongue slid through my parted lips, battling my own for dominance. I lost myself in his soft kiss and peppermint breath and flung my legs around his hips. He pressed himself against me, groaning. I was acutely aware of the bulge in his pants and I gasped, throwing myself onto the floor. Damien cried out in abject shock and I flushed deep scarlet.

"Why'd you-"

"No reason." I said hurriedly, gathering my jumbled thoughts.

He smirked knowingly. "Is it because of-"

"Don't say it!" I screamed, covering my ears.

"Maybe because of-"

"I swear-"

"Little Damien?"

"Shit- no, oh god- never say that again." I groaned.

"Never say what again? Little Damien?"

I sighed dramatically. The air seemed to thicken as his eyes lingered on my flushed cheeks and swollen lips. I raised an eyebrow teasingly and sprawled across the floor, legs akimbo. I thought that my position wouldn't arouse Damien, but apparently I was a wrong; his eyes darkened and a mischievous smirk rode on his lips. I cursed loudly and righted myself.

He released a bellowing laugh and dove towards me. I screamed and rolled to the side, only to be mauled by my very excited mate. I giggled hopelessly and sloppily threw kicks at his stomach- he hardly grimaced, even when they landed their mark. He opened my legs and lowered himself until we were pressed against each other. The laughter died in my throat and I bit my lip. His eyes darkened at the sight and his lips explored my throat, stopping only when they skimmed my mark. I gasped and threw my arms around his neck, failing to suppress the lust that swelled in my chest. He searched my eyes for confirmation as he unbuttoned my shirt and I simply nodded, too breathless to formulate a coherent answer.

"Do you really want to do this?" He asks hoarsely, raking my chest with his eyes.

"Yes," I rasped, clutching fistfuls of his hair.

That was all it took. He took my legs from under me and carried me over to the bed, growling. I captured his lips with mine and allowed the lust to swallow me whole.