Chapter XXIX

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to masu_macarra - not only has she supported this book from the beginning, but she's also been so lovely and supported all my other books! Honestly, the support means the world to me <3 Stay awesome Xx

QUESTION FOR TODAY: What's your eye colour? I have blue/green eyes :)

Everything seemed to slow down as I dove through the air.

Tom's eerie calmness shifted into something far more sinister. His expression darkened and a twisted smirk played on his lips; even his stance made him seem all the more hostile. I was terrified. My wolf, however, seemed to know exactly what to do.

My former uncertainty had been drove from my new figure by the anger that simmered beneath the surface. He was mocking me. Gauging my reaction.

And I hoped he hated what he saw.

Just before my claws could rip into his flesh he sidestepped, moving with such litheness that he resembled a blur. Fear tunnelled through my veins as I realised what I was dealing with. I wasn't sure that my distraction- or my life, for that matter- would wane on much longer.

I pawed the ground frustratedly and levelled his amused smirk with a growl. Pure, unadulterated fury was clouding my thoughts, and carving into his flesh was the only way to satiate this feral wolf.

"You are feisty. Just like your mother."

I wanted to scream. How dare he mention her after what he said earlier. A growl condensed into a low rumble as it reverberated throughout my body, reaching even my paws as they quivered. I would kill him.

We have to kill him. He will not hurt anyone else.

"Before you try to rip my throat out- which will, of course, result in your untimely demise- I would like to tell you why you're here. Why they're here." he grinned, motioning to the corpses of my family.

I grimaced inwardly and shifted, hastily grabbing the shirt that'd once concealed my limber form. I could feel his eyes raking my body and I hated it.

"As I told you, I had to murder the High Vampire King to acquire his blood. It's given me incredible qualities- I'm faster, immune to the effects of both wolfsbane and ageing. But there is a downside. I need to turn someone to amplify my strength, and my thoughts first went to your mother. That way, we could be together- forever.

But then I realised that she was too besotted with your pathetic father to ever love me. So I murdered them, along with James- because why not?- and then cast my thoughts to the future. You.

I was going to change you one afternoon, but you came home screaming about Damien fucking Black. And that's when I knew that like your mother, I would never truly have you. So I've decided to take another course of action. I am going to change Chrissy, and you can either stay here with her or die at her hands. It's your decision, Thea. And I hope you choose wisely."

I felt sick to my stomach. My eyes met those of my dead best friend- they bored into mine with such emptiness that my toes curled. I was at crossroads. Damien was on his way, yes, but would he reach me in time? Could I really defend myself against my best friend?

"You can't," I pleaded desperately. "It's wrong, a-and immoral, and-"

"Necessary." he intervened smoothly. "If I can't have you, nobody will. Especially not that pathetic excuse of an Alpha."