Chapter XXVI

QUESTION FOR TODAY: Xbox or PlayStation (my little brother asked me to do this and he's excited to know the results!! 😂)

"No," I said, shaking my head. "This is not happening."

I was clutching the blood bracelet as if it was my lifeline. Sammie had disappeared because of me. His blood was riding the metal because of me. If I hadn't been so forgetful, he needn't of gone back. It was my fault.

"Damien, I'm so-"

"No!" he roared, effectively silencing me. "You've done enough. Ever since you waltzed into my life, everything has gone wrong. Death and destruction follow you everywhere. I don't need someone like that as my mate, much less as my pack's Luna. Red Blood means more to me than that. My brother means more to me than that."

My worst fears had become a reality. I could see hatred burning in his eyes and I shied away, fighting tears. Power built in my stomach, craving release. Despite my obvious efforts the ethereal energy resonated from my skin, mingling with the heady air.

Thunder rolled over the rooftops, breaking the silence. Alex looked up at the sky with wide eyes, and at that moment, a torrent of rain was unleashed, supported by the strengthening gust. The darkness that dominated the once blue canvas casted us in a premature twilight, much to my dislike. I couldn't control it.

Yes you can. A voice drifted into my mind, penetrating my tumultuous thoughts. Believe in yourself and what you can do.

Damien didn't pay me a second glance as he powered back inside, too furious to bestow his attention to the brooding clouds. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, readying myself.

"Thea!" Alex shouted. "I know you're hurting, but you need to stop this storm! A fucking tornado is forming right behind our asses!"

I froze and wheeled around. Alex was right; the storm had gathered at one focal point, where the strong gusts were encircling to form a tornado. I blanched and fumbled for a solution.

Just breathe. Imagine your energy; give it a colour, a size, anything. Then imagine it flooding back into your system.

I did as I was instructed. I imagined my energy- it was purple, and flowed from every pore, branching out into oblivion. With a shaky breath I pulled it towards my feeble figure. As the omnipotent force pooled back into my body the storm began to falter- the ominous clouds broke, allowing pallid light to flood into existence. Unsupported, the growing tornado collapsed into the humid air.

"That's it," Alex said encouragingly. "You've got this, T."

He was right. The thunderstorm was now nonexistent, and only whispers of its presence remained. I smiled weakly.

"I'm sure he didn't mean it, Thea. He's just upset because Sammie has disappeared." Alex said gently.

"I fully understand that- truly, I do. But his words still hurt me. He's supposed to be my soulmate, and he doesn't think I can lead his pack." I murmured.

Alex was silent. I sighed in defeat and slumped into the house, paying no heed to the inquisitive stares that scrutinised my every move. My sadness was traded for a newfound determination as I reached my bedroom; I was going to learn to control my powers, find Sammie, and prove my poor excuse for a mate wrong.

I was the Luna.

____________________________________________________________