Chapter XXXIV

A/N: DEDICATED TO EVERYONE who reads, but more importantly votes and comments on this story. Your support honestly means the world to me and I LOVE it when you comment!!!

Before I go, I have a question: What's everyone's favourite colour? Mine is mint green X

"Who goes there?"

I almost snorted. Damien's words sounded so... outdated. Who says 'who goes there' in the twenty first century?

"No one who poses a threat to you, nor your pack. Tell these mutts to unhand me and I will prove that I mean you no harm."

The mellifluous voice was almost familiar to me. I frowned in confusion and tried to peer over Damien's shoulder, though his height gave him the advantage. I slumped and patiently waited for my mate to speak.

"How do I know I can trust you?" Damien asked.

"You're an Alpha," she said dryly. "You don't trust anyone but yourself and your mate- with whom I am already acquainted."

Shock, followed by faint recognition, washed over me. I pushed past my mate and raised an eyebrow.

"Magali?" I asked.

The older woman smiled warmly. "Hello, Thea. I hope you are well?"

"I'm as 'well' as I can be." I replied. "So, what brings you to my pack?"

Damien interrupted our conversation with a cough. "Magic, probably."

I cut him off with a sharp glare. Magali, unperturbed by Damien's interruption, carried on with a lilting smile.

"The wind told me that your pack is at war, and I wanted to offer you my services. Not only can I help you discover more about your powers, Thea, but I can also use my own."

"We don't need you-"

"Yes, we do." I intervened. "We need all the help we can get."

Damien looked at me as if I was crazy. My eyes pleaded with his and he soon relented.

He's whipped.

"Fine. I grant you access into the pack grounds, though any strange behaviour will be punished severely. You are allowed to coach my mate and in turn, you will receive training from us." said Damien.

"I accept your gracious offer."

Upon realising a deal had been struck the guards let go of Magali, who then waltzed into the threshold as if it was her home. Her eyes raked the surroundings before falling on the lake.

"Come, Thea. We have much to discuss."

Magali's words snapped me out of my trance and I followed her, perturbed. How could she know anything about what had gone on during the course of these few weeks? It made no sense.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked, wringing my hands together.

She raised an eyebrow. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Cut the crap, Magali. Why are you here?"

"I swear I've answered this question before," she muttered. "I'm here to teach you to control your powers, and offer my services."