Chapter XXVII

QUESTION FOR TODAY: Doritos or Cheetos?

"Well this is terribly boring." I sighed.

A few hours had passed since the boys had entered the woods. I was slumped against a tree, watching absently as the sun crept behind the undulating hills. Surely they should've been back by now.

I sighed, conflicted. Something was off- I was sure of it. I had to make a decision- I could follow my orders and stay put, or go and find my mate.

The latter seemed more appealing.

I cursed silently and swung the weapon bag over my head. As I ventured further into the woods I began to regret my rash decision. I was all too mortal, and to throw myself into a supernatural battle was to risk my life.

"I'm so stupid." I muttered. "Who willingly enters the woods? No one."

"You do, obviously."

I whirled around. It was a boy, around my age, whose features were cloaked by shadows. I stumbled backwards in fear and raked my surroundings. I had no clue where I was, and the only available weapons were those that had previously marred my skin.

"Who the fuck are you?" I asked rudely.

He smirked. "Just a deliverer."

"What, like a postman? Maybe you should send yourself back to whatever hole you came from." I spat.

"Feisty, aren't you?" he grinned. "If my master didn't want you, I'd have you myself."

"Your master better be Damien, or I swear to god-"

"Damien is not my master. I don't bow down to lesser beings. My master is the strongest creature alive, and he wants you. And I'm here to make sure his wishes become a reality." his tone grew serious.

"Alright, I'll entertain you before I put you on your ass. Why does your master want me?" I concealed the quake in my voice and faked a confident smirk.

In reality, I was far from phlegmatic. My entire from was trembling, and I was fully aware that my powers were too unpredictable to be of proper use. He was a werewolf. He didn't have to fake confidence- it obviously came naturally to him.

"Because you're rightfully his. There is nothing he wants more than to take you as his bride." he explained.

"So he's a pedophile, got it. Tell him that he can marry his own ass, because that's the only thing that actually gives a shit." I snapped.

"Don't waste your insults on me. You'll be with my master before long."

I stayed silent. Fear and adrenaline were coursing through my veins, and I wasn't sure whether to run or fight. There was no chance I could outrun a wolf, but there was a slim possibility I could take one down.

He moved towards me and I stumbled upright, slipping into an offensive stance. His lips curled upward into a sly smirk and I fought the urge to vomit.

"I'm looking forward to seeing you squirm beneath me." He said.

Damien? I tried to reach him through the link, but I received no reply.

I was completely alone.

He lunged at me. I sidestepped with ease and threw a punch at his face. He caught my wrist and twisted it until a nauseating crack broke the tense silence. I bit back a scream and kneed him in the groin. He groaned and stumbled backwards. I took that as my opportunity to inflict some real damage- with unbelievable speed I took him by the arm and threw him over my shoulder. This newfound strength and agility didn't only surprise my attacker, but it also amazed me. I'd never been known for my muscular capability. He crashed against the floor with an audible thud and I scrambled away.

Before I knew it, my legs were carrying me forward with incredible celerity. I could feel the thrum of my heart beneath my skin and the scratch of my shallow rasps as they rattled in my throat. I wasn't sure whether it was the adrenaline that coursed through my veins, or if it was a mere figment of my imagination, but I felt everything. I saw everything.

I could even hear the steady thrum of the wolf's paws as they hit the ground.

I unknowingly turned into the attack as it lunged. Its claws tore into my flesh and I tumbled towards the ground, dissolving into a plethora of pain and fear. The dying light of a falling sun was the last thing I saw before my eyes slid closed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The room stood before me, defaced by ugly scratches. I hesitantly shifted closer, resting my palm on the doorknob. Part of me ached to open it and reveal what laid inside, but something instinctual advised me against it. I faltered for a second.

"Come down from there," Uncle Tom spoke softly. "There's nothing in there to interest you."

I turned to face him, only to see that he had been replaced by someone else. It was my mother, coated in blood. Just as quickly as she appeared, she was switched for my father- a gaping wound ran the length of his face, pulling his lips downward into a terrifying grimace. James came next, then Chrissy, and finally, just as I had lost all hope, Uncle Tom reappeared. A malevolent smirk was painted on his lips.

"You've already seen what lays inside."

I awoke with a start.

A guttural scream ripped through the silence as everything came flooding back. The wolf, the pain; oh god, Damien-

"I see you've awoken."

The voice was familiar. I searched the room for a figure, but my mortal eyes were much too weak to detect a presence. I frowned and made an effort to move. After realising my wrists were chained to the bed I heaved a sob.

"Where the hell am I?" I whispered hoarsely.

"You're safe, Thea. That's all you need to know."

My confidence grew and I raised my chin defiantly. "If I was safe, I'd be back in Damien's arms. And I definitely wouldn't be tied to a fucking bed!"

"Don't curse!" he admonished. "It doesn't befit you."

"Don't tell me what to do." I snapped.

I searched wildly for an escape. From what I could see- and admittedly, that wasn't much- there were no windows. Damn. Nothing to fling myself out of?- now that was a daunting prospect.

"I assume that Harry informed you of my intents?"

"So that's his name. There I was, thinking he was called 'dickhead'. How upsetting." I muttered.

"You wound me, Luna."

Harry's voice seemed to come out of nowhere and I jumped. I composed myself after a few seconds and smirked slyly.

"As soon as I can actually see you, I'll wound you even more." I spat.

"Calm down, T."

The term of endearment, which was so achingly familiar, made me stiffen in shock.

"Y-you can't- that's impossible-"

"So you've finally figured it out, huh?" Harry laughed.

"U-Uncle Tom?"