Booster Gold

"You're sitting at my desk".

"Yeah, I can read. So, where is the greatest reporter that this city has ever known?",said booster.

"All right, everybody, back to work", Paige ordered.

"Mm, there you are ... the hero maker. Excuse me. Paige Collins. Booster Gold".

"It's Kent, what can I do for you?".

"We're gonna help each other, gorgeous, because one exclusive in-depth interview with the gold guardian of Metropolis, and you're gonna lock up that promotion that you're up for. It's a Booster Gold guarantee",said booster.

"How did you know I was up for a... never mind. I'm not interested in you, Goldilocks, and neither is The Daily Planet. So why don't you see if you can fit that big old head of yours through the exit door?",Paige said.

"Sir?".

"My agent",booster informed.

"You're going to be late for the signing".

"Excuse me, folks, but... duty calls. We should do lunch... soon. Booster! See you later, pumpkin",said booster.

"Booster, wait!",cat shouted.

"What an ass",Paige muttered.

"You mean 'asset.'

"What".

"You wanted me to believe in heroes, Paige ... well, I think I finally might. He isn't hiding anything. You can see his face. His name ... ".

" ... is Booster Gold ", Paige said.

"Booster Gold could be the city's answer to inspiration... and my answer to that promotion",said cat.

"You're up for my promotion?",Lois questioned.

"It isn't yours just yet. And thanks to my reporting on the VRA, I've gathered myself a small but vocal fan base. You should read their tweets. They love me. And it's enough to convince the powers-that-be to put my hat in the ring for the desk upstairs. May the best reporter win",cat said.

"Cat Grant ... like nails on a chalkboard".

"She's not as bad as he is",said Clark.

"Booster Gold's star will burn out faster than you can say 'Up, up, and away. ' Now let's focus on what's really important here".

"And what is that, Paige? ".

"Unmaking Clark Kent so that we can get The Blur out there",Paige sighed.
>>>>>>>>>

"I appreciate the thought, but you have to stop it. The all-new, all-different Clark would not be sending me roses. He's allergic to them, remember?",Paige questioned, confused.

" I didn't send these. Booster ",said Clark.

"Ew. Okay. Romeo will take the hint soon enough and lose interest. But you're obviously not".

"Did you know in the last 24 hours Booster Gold has made it to every major accident and crime scene in the city?",Clark told.