Apokolips (final part 1)

"Some people take time off when it's their wedding day",said Clark.

"There is no wedding. Don't pretend you didn't hear what I said last night. And you're one to talk. That blue underoo sticking out of your collar means you're on the job, too",said Paige.

"Just keeping busy. I didn't want to crowd you. You know, you haven't called in eight hours. Usually you figure things out when I give you some space. Or you can just keep avoiding me",Clark said.

"I'm not avoiding you. I have work to do. President just arrived in town for a fundraiser, plus a huge stack of police reports just came in. And I have to call all the guests and let them know that the big day has been canceled. Nice try, speedy, but you can't make 411 disappear. Your Copperfield act's impressive, but it won't change my mind. Go out there and save the day, wherever it needs saving".

"Paige, there's a whole team of heroes out there protecting the world... so we can get married",said Clark.

"You really don't see it, do you? You're a hero, and that's how it should be. It's just that you've gotten so used to the fact that you know you're gonna be able to fix everything and make everything right that you cut out any possibility that there are some things that you just... you can't fix".

"We don't need fixing",Clark corrected.

"We don't. But we are in an impossible situation, one that you can't super-speed or super-hear or super-leap your way out of. Clark, every minute that you spend with me ... having dinner, arguing about paint colors, arguing about whether or not to get married ... you could be out there saving someone".

"Paige, this is my future, and I want you to be a part of it".

"Yeah, well, maybe we don't get what we want. Clark, I'm just in your way",Paige said holdings in the tears.

"You're not in my way, Paige. You're by my side. And if you really want to go through with canceling the wedding, you're gonna have to leave me standing at the altar".
>>>>>>>>>

"Who knew tying the knot was so much work? You got to remind me to thank Zatanna for making our nuptials so hassle-free",said Oliver.

"I don't know. I would have liked to have remembered some of the details of our wedding",said Chloe.

"Well, considering the other details of that night, all I really need is a marriage license".

"You know, I was wondering if you were ... "

"I was gonna ask you ... "

"Sorry".

"You should go first",Oliver said.

"You can go ahead".

"Go ahead",he repeated.

"If Zatanna hadn't put you under that spell, would you still have ... "

"Gone through with it? Yeah. It's the best decision I don't remember making. What about you?",Oliver questioned.

"Ditto".

"So, what are we supposed to do now, anyway? Buy a condo and a cuisinart?",Oliver wondered.

" 'Supposed ' to do has never been a part of our unique relationship. We've always made up our own way of doing things ",said Chloe.

"Yeah. Including making our big day the quietest non-event of all time",Oliver said.

"You know, we may be trumped in the non-event category by Paige and Clark. She still hasn't called back. I phoned, texted, and e-mailed her, but it's all quiet on the wedding front",said Chloe.