Chapter 2

They all stared at the girl. She had on a jean-like flannel, black top and dark blue jeans. The thing that caught Lauren's attention was the way the girl stared at the floor as she walked, she looked so small and fragile.

"I don't know, but she's fresh meat so," Vero started throwing things at the girl until she dropped all her books. The girl bent down to pick everything up while Lauren's friends were laughing.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You are an asshole," Lauren pinning Vero into the lockers, her hand balling into a fist.

"What the hell Lauren?" Vero exclaimed as she ripped Lauren's hands off of her shirt.

"You are all assholes too," Lauren pointed to each of her friends. She ran to the girl, picking up the remaining books on the floor, then helping her up.

"Thanks," the girl said, looking down while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"It's fine. So you're new?" Lauren asked.

The girl nodded still looking at the floor.

"What class are you trying to find?"

"Geometry," the girl said quietly.

"What teacher?"

"Ms. Gomez"

"Oh I had her last year, come on, I'll show you where her class is," Lauren said as she started walking, the girl trailed behind her.

The walked in silence until Lauren said, "So um.. I'm sorry about my friends, to be honest, I don't really know why they did that."

The girl shrugged, but hadn't looked up at all.

"Okay. Well I'm Lauren. Lauren Jauregui."

The girl nodded.

"So um.. Are you new here? Like to Miami. Not the school, obviously you're new to the school since I already asked you but I mean um.. Miami.. yeah," Lauren said, scrunching her brows, confusing herself.

The girl giggled at Lauren's confused state, finally looking up at her, "Yeah I am new to Miami. Where did you come from?"

"Besides my mother's womb, I was born and raised in Miami."

The girl chuckled lightly.

"Where are you from?" Lauren smiled, slightly nudging the girl.

The girl smiled back at Lauren, "I was born in Cuba, but I just moved to Miami from California."

"Cali, that's a great state. I've always wanted to go there. Oh, here's your stop," Lauren said, pointing to the classroom in front of them, slightly disappointed that she didn't get to talk to the mystery girl more.

The girl sighed, she hated first days. "Oh um.. thank you, Lauren." The girl said in a small voice.

The older girl smiled at her, "That reminds me, I never got your name."

"It's Camila. Camila Cabello."