Chapter 7

Lauren walked up to Vero and dragged her outside by her shirt.

"What the hell is up with you and grabbing shirts today?" Vero said, prying Lauren's hands off of her.

"What the hell is up with you and being rude to Camila today?" Lauren mocked her.

"Look, she's new, why wouldn't I do that?" Vero said, straightening her shirt.

Lauren balled up her fists, getting ready to punch Vero.

"Lauren! Don't!" Camila cried. Lauren took one glance at Camila and ran up to her.

"Hey. Let's get out of here, okay?" Lauren asked, already guiding Camila towards her BMW X6 Matte Black.

Once they arrived to her car, Lauren let Camila climb into the back first then she climbed in after. They sat in awkward silence, the only thing that was heard was Camila's soft sniffles.

"Sooo," Lauren started.

Camila looked at her, she wanted to tell Lauren why she was crying, but her head told her otherwise.

"That was intense," Lauren said, twiddling with the ring her grandmother gave her, one of her nervous habits.

Camila nodded. She thought that if she said anything, she'd end up crying again.

"Why were you crying though?"

Camila's eyes started watering, Lauren saw this and took this as a cue not to ask. Instead, she scooted over to Camila and put her arm around her, while Camila laid her head on Lauren's chest. Camila turned her head into the crook of Lauren's neck and inhaled, she never thought she'd like the smell of vanilla so much.

After fifteen minutes, Camila calmed down,
and fell asleep.

-

An hour later she woke up and looked at her surroundings, confused. She tried to sit up, but something was holding her back, and she looked to the side, Lauren's arm. After that, everything started coming back to her. Lauren inhaled a sharp breathe, before opening her eyelids to reveal her emeralds.

"Mm. Hey bud. How are you doing?" Lauren said, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm better than before. But I promise I'll tell you one day."

Lauren furiously shook her head. "You don't have to if it makes you feel uncomfortable."

Camila looked at Lauren sympathetically, she didn't like that Lauren had to see her vulnerable. "It's not uncomfortable, just saddening."

Lauren nodded in understanding. "You wanna just skip the last two periods and just hang out?"

Camila was hesitant, she didn't want her new friends to think bad about her.

Lauren sensed her hesitation, so she grabbed her hand. "If you want to stay since you're feeling better, then that's okay. But if you want to go, that's okay too."

Camila smiled lightly at Lauren's kindness, "I'll go with you, but where are we going?"

"Somewhere," Lauren patted Camila's hand lightly and got off the car, Camila following.

Lauren held the car door open and waited for Camila to get into the passenger seat. After that, Lauren ran to the other side and revved up the engine. She started to turning out of the parking lot to get on the open road, while Camila played with the radio.

"You are aware that there is an aux, right?" Lauren laughed, taking one hand off the wheel to get the wire.

Camila laughed, embarrassed, taking the aux and plugging it into her phone. Touch and Go by Ed Sheeran started blasting through the speakers.

"Huh. You're a Sheeran fan?" Lauren asked, looking over towards Camila.

"Yes, I love him! He's my idol. I love the way he... never mind," Camila shook her head embarrassed. The friends at her old school use to make fun of her for being such a fan girl.

"The way he what?" Lauren asked, curious.

"Never mind. It's nothing."

Lauren shook her head and stopped the car.

"Look, I don't know what went on before you came to Miami, but I know something happened. I'm not forcing you to tell me because it takes a huge bond to tell someone things, but please don't close yourself off. I want to know you, I want to be your friend," Lauren said, genuinely.

Camila looked away. She felt ashamed for closing herself up, but how could she not? She's been through too much.

"You know what? Forget it. I asked you to skip so you could relax and that's why we're here, so come on," Lauren got off the car and ran to the other side, to open the door for Camila.

"Thanks," Camila said, not looking at her.

Lauren grabbed Camila's hand and pulled her into the trees. They walked for what seemed like hours, but in reality, it was only a couple of minutes. They ended up standing on top of a cliff, and what was beyond was the most beautiful thing Camila has ever seen. There were other cliffs, but not as high as the one they were on. There were trees from afar, and water beneath them. Lauren pulled Camila down to sit with her. They didn't say a word.

Everything was perfect.

_____________________________________
Author Note:

The picture above was where they were at. I got the picture from Twitter from VSCOblog.
Go follow them and check out the photographs they tweet.

Have a beautiful day!

Dm me if you wanna talk or if you have any problems, I'm here for you.

Twitter: loloisbaeo