Chapter 20

However, a few days after she had made that promise, it was broken. Whenever Camila wanted to hang out with Lauren, she would decline, saying that she was busy with homework or chores. School was the only time they would see each other, even then Lauren wouldn't acknowledge her; she would be with Erica in class, at lunch, even in the library, when she was "studying." When they texted, the green eyed girl would give one word replies, then say that she had to go. Every time those things would happened, she left a very confused and sad Camila.

-

"I don't know what to do anymore, it's been more than a month. Camren hasn't been a thing in more than a month, Dinah. I'm confused," the petite girl said, pacing back and forth.

"Camila, I need you to calm down and take a breather," the Polynesian stood up and placed her hands on Camila's shoulders, sitting her down.

Camila sighed and sunk into her bed.

"I'm sure she has a logical explanation for all of it. Now, let's just calm down and watch movies to get your mind off of it," Dinah walked over to the stack of DVDs Camila had in her room. "Let's watch The Notebook, your fav."

The smaller girl shook her head.

"Well...what about Stuck In Love? It's somewhat a love movie, but not exactly," Dinah suggested.

"Fine," Camila begrudgingly said, while scooting up to the head of her bed as Dinah put in the movie and turned off the lights.

The younger girl sat next to Camila and felt her staring so she turned to look at the petite girl. The older girl was pouting while giving puppy eyes to her, meaning that she wanted to cuddle. Dinah rolled her eyes and opened her arms.

-

Dinah began to clap when the movie credits appeared. She went to retrieve the disc and put it back in its original spot.

The taller girl was going to ask what Camila wanted to watch until she heard sniffles behind her. She looked at the smaller girl confused.

"Mila, why the hell are you crying?"

Camila began wiping her tears, "Because his mom died, it's just so sad. Why aren't you crying?"

Dinah sat next to her and rubbed her back, "Because I've watched this movie countless times, as heartless as this sounds, it doesn't seem to faze me anymore."

Camila threw herself in Dinah's arms, "And she ended up coming back and they were just so happy."

"Yeah okay. How about we go eat?" the blonde said, avoiding the real reason why her best friend was crying: Lauren.

She felt Camila slightly nod.

"Okay, well, let's go make sandwiches. Actually, I need to use the restroom, so you go first," the taller girl pulled the petite girl up and pushed her towards the door.

Camila dragged herself downstairs and into the kitchen, where her mom was sitting there, sipping on her coffee.

Sinu smiled at he sight of her daughter, but it faltered after seeing her tear stained eyes.

"What's wrong mija?" she said, gesturing for her daughter to sit, Camila shook her head and began to make her and Dinah's sandwiches.