Chapter 3

They stood there in awkward silence. Lauren, bouncing back and forth on the balls of her feet, thinking about how Camila's name felt perfect in her mouth. While Camila played with her lip thinking about what to say. They stood there for about a minute when the two minute bell rang signaling she only had a minute to talk to Camila and a minute to go to class without being late.

"Shouldn't you be going to class?" Camila asked, breaking the silence between them. Honestly, she didn't want Lauren to go. Something about Lauren captivated her, she didn't know what it was or why it was happening. She just knew that she wanted to be around Lauren a lot, and something told her that she would.

"Yeah," Lauren sighed. "What class do you have next?"

"Health," Camila said, looking down at her schedule.

"What teacher?"

"Um. Mr. Bankhead," Camila said, looking at her schedule slightly confused with the name, she thought it was a weird name.

"That's cool! I have Photography, the classes are near each other."

Camila nodded.

"So um... How about after this class you wait here and I'll come by and walk you to your class?" Lauren asked, scratching the back of her neck.

"Oh. You don't hav-"

"I want to," Lauren said too quickly, making Camila scrunch her brows and tilt her head in confusion. "I mean it's the least I can do, my friends were pretty rude to you."

Camila smiled slightly, finally understanding, "It's alright. But I mean if you want to then you can."

Lauren grinned in response, her emerald eyes sparkling. Camila looked down shyly, a blush forming on her face.

"Well I have to go now before I'm late. Oh and if you want someone to talk to in class," Lauren pointed to a girl in the classroom. "That is Dinah, she's an amazing friend, I spent my entire summer with her. But don't tell her I enjoyed it, she would hold that against me."

Camila looked inside the class at the girl. She looked nice, her blonde hair swaying due to the air conditioner. Her eyes glued to her phone. "I'll see."

"Alright," Lauren grabbed Camila's arm lightly. "Hey, I have to get to class, but I'll be back after, promise."

Camila nodded in response, she watched as Lauren's black hair disappeared around the corner. Sighing, Camila walked into class and looked around. Coincidentally, the only seat available was the one next to Dinah. Camila sat in the seat and looked down, picking her nails. She heard something being placed down, and someone leaning over.

"Hey, I'm Dinah. Did I just see you talking to Lauren?"

"Yeah. She helped me get to class."

"Oh Lauren, always the charmer," Dinah chuckled, leaning back in her seat with her hands behind her head.

"What do you mean by that?"

Dinah leaned back in, "There were a lot of people that wanted to be with her because she was so nice and caring. But I mean have you seen that girl?"

Camila smiled, she thought Lauren was the most beautiful person she ever laid eyes on.

Dinah continued, "But she didn't date any of them."

"How come?"

"She only had eyes for one person."

Camila's felt her heart drop. She didn't know why she felt this way, she just met Lauren.

"Who was this person?" Camila asked as the teacher started talking, but she didn't hear any of it.

"Well-" Dinah started.

"Ms. Hansen, nice to see you're in my class this year. I hope you and your spoiled girlfriend, Normen or whatever, are more civilized this year," Ms. Gomez interrupts, as she stares deadly at Dinah.

"It's Normani, and we're fine, thanks for asking. We missed you very much," Dinah said sarcastically. Ms. Gomez rolled her eyes as she muttered incoherent words before turning around to talk about her class rules.

"But like I was saying," Dinah said, as she turned back to face Camila. "This person was-"

"Dinah Jane Hansen!" Ms. Gomez shouted.

"Wow teach, way to put me on blast," Dinah said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh well, I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?"

"Yes. Yes you are. I'm trying to talk to my friend..," Dinah looked at Camila silently asking for her name.

"Camila," she whispered.

Dinah nodded, "Right. I'm trying to talk to my friend, Camila, about something."

"Oh. Oh okay. You can continue talking..," Ms. Gomez wrote something down on paper and threw it on Dinah's desk. "Talking in the principle's office."

"Are you serious? It's the first day back."

Ms. Gomez nodded her head towards the door with her arms cross and a scowl on her face. "I'll see you later, Camila," she said, as she started packing up her things.

"By the way Gomez, this is the reason why you haven't had a date 30 years," Dinah laughed, skipping out of the room. The classroom filled with laughs, as Ms. Gomez blushed in embarrassment.

Camila was chuckling lowly when Ms. Gomez stood next to her and said, "Stay away from her, she's bad news."

Camila stopped laughing as she stared into the teachers eyes, "Thanks for your concern, but I think I'm capable of picking my friends." She smiled sarcastically at the teacher.
_____________________________________
Author Note:

Have a beautiful day!

Dm me if you wanna talk or if you have any problems, I'm here for you.

Twitter: loloisbaeo