Chapter 22

The next day, Lauren stayed at her locker through the time before the bell rang for first period. Normani and Ally greeted her when they came in, Dinah glared at her as she walked to her own locker. The brunette tried to ignore the glaring, she didn't want to think about losing one of her close friends and losing Camila all at the same time. The darker girl stayed with the Cuban so she wouldn't feel bad, but Lauren shook her head. With that, Normani gave her a sad smile and walked away.

A guy named Phora walked up to Ally and gave her a hug, making her blush uncontrollably. Lauren smiled and gave the older girl a look saying that it was okay for her to go. When they left, Lauren let out a groan and rested her head on her opened locker door.

"Hey Lo," Keana greeted her with smile. When she didn't get a response, it faltered a bit. "So should I ask what's wrong or?"

The brunette shook her head and shot her friend a fake smile, trying to tell her that she was fine then began to look for her binder for first period. Keana shrugged and began to talk about a party that Lucy was throwing tonight, all Lauren did was nodded, she had no interest in going out or drinking.

She began to turn and look at her friend, from afar she saw Shawn and Camila at his locker. He closed it then leaned on his locker and gave her his undivided attention to whatever she was talking about. The brown haired boy laughed then gave her a kiss on her forehead, Camila gave him a shy smile. The bell rang, so he grabbed her hand and began to talk to her while walking to her class.

All Lauren heard from Keana was, "You should come, it'll be fun. You use to be the party queen, Lauren. What happened?"

"I fell for someone, that's what happened," the Cuban said, slamming her locker then walked away. She wasn't mad about what Keana said, she was mad at herself for falling for someone all over again. For thinking that Camila could actually like her. For being so stupid when it came to relationships.

Lauren walked to her class, the worst part about her class was that it was Algebra 2, meaning it was a few classrooms down from Camila's class. When she was nearing that classroom, Camila's giggle could be heard. She clenched her jaw, she was not going to cry. Crying was for pussies, she thought to herself as she walked by.

Lauren let out a sigh of relief after she walked passed them. She walked into her classroom and slouched in her chair.

-

After that class, she slowly walked to Photography, making an unnecessary stop at her locker. Lauren didn't want to be there when Shawn walked Camila to class, but she did have to talk to her so she sped up a bit.

When she got to the hallway where her and Camila's class was, Shawn walked out of it. Lauren quickly leaned on the wall next to her with one leg hiked on it and crossed her arms with a serious face, nodding to everyone who walked by. The brunette boy raised his brows at Lauren in greeting and ran to his classroom.

When she was sure he was gone, she ran to where Camila was to see her about to walk into her class. Lauren grabbed Camila's wrist and turned her around, due to the younger girl's clumsiness, they ended up colliding together. Lauren laughed because she was on the floor and Camila was hovering over her. The smaller girl wanted to apologize for that, so she looked at whoever she fell on, what she saw was her favorite pair of green eyes. When she realized it was Lauren, she quickly got up to dust off her clothes and pick up her journal then began to walk into her class.