Chapter 30

"I'm so nervous, do you really think this is a good idea? She's been distant with me," Camila told her best friend, who just rolled her eyes.

The two girls were currently at Dinah's house, hanging out before Camila had to go to Lauren and do a grand gesture. The blonde was getting sick and tired of her best friend's anxieties, she had been pacing around the room since they woke up. Dinah groaned and got up from her bed to walk to where Camila was.

"Look, do you still have feelings for her?" Dinah stopped Camila by holding her shoulders.

"Never stopped," she said proudly.

"Then she's worth the risk. You gotta put yourself out there, Mila," the younger girl said, going to sit back on the bed. "Take risks. Get drunk. Get lit. Do crazy shit. For example, putting your heart on the line."

Camila sighed and placed the rose for Lauren on the desk. She went to lay on the bed with her head on Dinah's lap, as the younger girl scrolled through Instagram.

The brunette began to play with the hem of her shirt and pouted, "What if she doesn't like me anymore, Dinah?"

"But what if she does, mija?" the Polynesian played with her best friend's hair. "If not, she's dumb, but probably has her reasons that she won't say unless she wants to. But you won't know until you try. If it makes you feel any better, Mani rejected me when I first asked her on a date."

Camila laughed and sat up, facing Dinah, "Are you serious? How?"

The Polynesian dropped her phone in between the pillows and sat up, "Well, I had been crushing on her for awhile. Anyways, I was with my siblings and saw her at a carnival. It was pretty obvious that she was new to Miami and I was like damn she cute as fuck. But I thought it was like a one time thing. Then I saw her walking in Carrollton trying to find her away around, but Lo pulled me to class so I couldn't admire her. One day, I was like fuck it then I asked her to go on a date. She was like um no creep. Then she realized I knew Lauren and we began to get closer. After a couple of months of being friends, I asked her again and she was like why not, and that, my child, was the beginning of Norminah."

"Wow, Di, you're such a charmer," Camila chuckled.

The blonde flipped her hair and smirked, "I know right?" She began to look at her phone then hit Camila's arm, "Girl, get yo ass to Lauren's house, it's time."

Camila nodded and sighed while grabbing the single rose.

"Good luck with Lauren, boo," Dinah said, as the Cuban walked to her car. Camila waved then drove the Lauren's house.

-

Camila sighed, still not going up to Lauren's door. She had been sitting in her car for about 15 minutes, the anxieties she felt at Dinah's house was back. The brunette closed her eyes and bit her lip, praying that Lauren would want her back. She got out of the car, tucking the burgundy rose in her back pocket then grabbed her guitar out of the backseat.

She knocked on the front door, a few seconds later she was faced with a beaming Clara. She gave the mother a tight smile and asked for Lauren. Clara ran upstairs to get her daughter then went back to her room, letting the two girls have their time alone.

"Hey Camila," the older girl groggily said, while rubbing her eyes, meaning that she just woke up. "Come in."

"Uh, I'd rather stay out here... I have something for you," Camila said, awkwardly.

Lauren finally noticed Camila's appearance, a white stussy crop top with highwaisted ripped jeans. In her right hand, she was gripping her guitar so tightly that her knuckles were whiter than usual, the other hand was rubbing her thigh up and down. Her face, still beautiful, but looked uneasy. Lauren gave her a smile, trying to ease her nerves; it helped since Camila smiled back then closed her eyes and began strumming the guitar.