Chapter 29

Alejandro came out the hospital three months later, his attitude changed for a bit, but his temper always got the best of him and he ended up lashing out at the three females. However, he never made a move on Sofi because he knew that Sinu would leave if he did, and although he hit her, he loved her no matter what. Sinu always took him to physical therapy even though he's gotten angry and refused. The Cabello family weren't on good terms with each other because Alejandro was always angry and hit Camila or Sinu.

However, Camila wasn't feeling good, not because of her father, she was happy he was getting help, but she was constantly thinking about Lauren. The two girl's haven't talked since the night at the hospital. Lauren didn't want to be close to her, she was scared that she'd get hurt, even as friends. But Camila didn't know that that was the reason, she just assumed that Lauren still hated her for breaking her heart.

-

"Good luck on the first day," Sinu said to her daughters while signing some papers.

"Yeah, don't fuck anything up, Karla. You do that a lot," Alejandro agreed with a mouth full of food, making his wife scold him for cussing in front of their youngest child.

Camila and Sofia said their byes then she walked her younger sister to the bus stop. When Sofia was on, she waved to her sister. After the bus left, Camila went to her car and drove to school. As she parked her car, she sighed and shook her head. Hating the first day was always a part of the experience of school, but it was senior year and she was going to make the best of it.

Her and Lauren had both applied to Princeton and UCLA since it was each other's dream schools. They were dating when they applied to the schools, thinking that they'd be together forever. When senior year was close to being over, that's when they'd find out which schools they got into, Lauren hoped from Princeton while Camila hoped for UCLA. But they were getting ahead of themselves, it was only the beginning of their senior year.

Camila got off the car and went inside the building to find her group of friends. When she spotted the blonde she called her best friend in a crowd. She grinned and ran to her then hopped onto her back.

"Damn, you fucking koala, get off of me," Dinah yelled, shimming her whole body to have the older girl fall down.

"Hey Lo, what's the saying? Best friends are attached at hip?" Normani laughed, walking up to them with Lauren by her side.

Lauren rubbed her nonexistent mustache while looking at Normani. "Seems like they're making do of that. We should too ManiBear."

The two wrapped their arms around each other, while the darker girl gave the Cuban a kiss on the cheek, leaving a big mark of her lipstick. As for the two younger girls, they began to do the Eskimo kiss with each other.

"Is this like a which best friends are cuter together?" Ally giggled and lifted her phone up her mouth like a microphone then stared off into the distance. "Caminah vs Laurmani. Brought to you by Ally Brooke Hernandez. Viewer discretion advised."

The four girls stopped doing what they were doing and stared at the eldest girl. Lauren and Normani looked at each other, confused, while Dinah and Camila just looked at Ally with disgust. They ended up letting go of each other, but continued to stare at the smallest girl.

"What? Y'all can do whatever that was, but I can't narrate?" she said, glaring at all of them.

The four girls gave each other knowing looks and laughed. They all jumped on Ally, giving her a big group hug, exchanging the 'I miss you' stuff. After a few minutes of catching up, the bell rang, Dinah walked Normani to class, Ally right behind them because she had class with the former Texan. Leaving the two Cubans awkwardly standing there. Camila was biting her lip, looking anywhere but in front of her, while Lauren rocked on the balls of her feet and scratching he back of her neck.