Chapter 15

"So are you going to the showcase tonight?" Lauren asked, as she walked Camila to her music class.

"Of course! You're performing, why wouldn't I go?" Camila laughed.

"That's good. That's good," Lauren scratched the back of her neck, a bit nervous.

"What's wrong?" Camila turned her head to look at Lauren.

"W-w-what? Why do you think there's something wrong, there's nothing wrong. Everything is absolutely fine... great, actually," Lauren started to ramble.

Camila tried her best not to laugh at Lauren's nervousness.

"Here's your class, gotta go, bye," Lauren turned on her heels, about to run, but Camila caught her hand.

"Don't be nervous, okay? You'll do great. I believe in you, Laur," Camila stood on her tiptoes and kissed Lauren on the cheek, then hugged her. She mumbled, "You can always have a confidence hug from me."

"Girl. Why you blushin'?" Normani smirked at Camila as the younger girl walked into class.

"It's nothing," Camila shrugged, turning to put her stuff down, while hiding her smile.

"Lauren, huh?"

Camila whipped her head to look at Normani, shocked, "Wh-what? I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Are you sure? Are you absolutely positive, Mila?" Normani sat on the table in front of Camila, batting her eyes, waiting for Camila to admit her interest on Lauren.

Camila rolled her eyes, "It was Dinah, wasn't it?"

"That girl can never shut up," Normani laughed.

-

Dinah was currently laying on Camila's bed, texting Normani while Camila was in the bathroom, getting ready to go watch Lauren at the showcase.

"Do you know what she's gonna sing tonight?" Camila walked out of the restroom to her mirror, applying light makeup.

"Nope," Dinah said, popping the 'p'. "But she did say she was trying to impress someone.. I think, I'm not sure."

Camila finished with her makeup and sat down at the edge of the bed, putting on her shoes. "Maybe if you and Mani stopped sucking each other's face off, then you'd probably know," Camila turned and smirked at Dinah.

Dinah glared at Camila, grabbing a pillow and started hitting her. They started running around the room; Camila trying to get away from Dinah's aggressiveness.

"OKAY OKAY DINAH! I have makeup on, I can't sweat it off," Camila raised her hands in surrender.

Dinah laid back down on the bed, "I don't know why you try so hard girl. If Lauren likes you, she'd like you for you. And if she doesn't then she's an idiot. Let me tell you something, if she makes you cry, I won't be scared to give her a po-"

Camila's phone started ringing on her nightstand. Camila picked up the phone to see who was calling: Lauren.

"Hey, Laur. How's it going?" Camila answered, happily.

"Hey Camz. Did you -.. Are you here yet?" Lauren asked. Even through the phone Camila knew the older girl was nervous.

"Um no. But we're leaving right now," Camila nodded her head towards the door signaling Dinah that they should go.