Chapter 17

It was towards the end of February, by then, Camila and Lauren have went on a ton of dates each Saturday that had passed. Sometimes after school, they'd just spend time with each other by sitting in, either Lauren's room or Camila's, reading and doing their own thing. They didn't need to talk, all that mattered was that they were together. Lauren and Camila weren't officially dating yet, but to everyone, they were.

On Friday morning, Camila walked to her friends, greeting them each with hugs and a lame joke. Dinah wrapped her arms around Camila's neck and pulled her into a bear hug, suffocating Camila.

Dinah laughed and let go and asked Camila, "Where's Ralph?"

"I'm not sure, Shawn drove me today, which reminds me that I need to thank him," Camila said as she pulled out her phone to text Shawn a quick 'thank you' and that she owed him one.

Shawn jokingly texted that she could pay him back by going on a date with him. She replied by saying 'thanks but no thanks.' Over the time that she'd been going to school here, her and Shawn have gotten a bit closer. At first she didn't like him because of his flirtatiousness, but he apologized and they restarted everything. Now, they were best friends.

"Who's Lauser with?" Normani said, making Camila look up from her phone, spotting Lauren with a blonde girl, laughing while walking towards them.

They stopped in front of the four girls, Lauren walked over to Camila gave her a kiss on the cheek then wrapped her arm around Camila's neck. Camila leaned in Lauren, resting her head on her shoulder, in response, Lauren kissed Camila's forehead.

"Guys, this is Erica, an old pal," Lauren said, pointing to the blonde.

Erica smiled, softly and waved. She, then, walked to Camila and extended her hand, "I assume you're Camila."

Camila lifted her head from Lauren's shoulder, and shook Erica's hand with a genuine smile.

"Hey you. I haven't seen you in a while," Dinah faked a smile and hugged Erica.

Normani and Camila looked at Dinah, suspiciously. But Normani noticed that it was her turn to introduce herself to Erica, so she shrugged and greeted her; after her was Ally. The four girls stood there and chatted, while the two Cuban girls were in their own little world.

Lauren pulled Camila into an embrace and rocked them back and forth, whispering sweet nothings into her ear, making Camila blush. The bell rang for first period, the two girls exchanged goodbyes with their friends so that Lauren could walk Camila to her first period.

They walked, hand in hand, in silence. Lauren nodding to everyone who greeted her, while Camila sunk into her own thoughts.

They turned into the hall where Camila's class was, that's when Camila broke the silence, "So how did you meet Erica?"

Lauren's body suddenly stiffened, but relaxed after a while, then she replied, "Dinah and her were friends because they were on the same dance team and that's how I met her."

Camila scrunched her brows, confused as to why Lauren replied so vaguely, but shrugged it off.

"Hey Ms.Gomez," Lauren waved to Camila's teacher.

"Hey kiddo, remember, not too much pda," Ms.Gomez laughed and went inside her classroom; it was their daily routine.

Camila smiled. Lauren turned Camila and wrapped her arms around Camila's waist. Camila stared at her intently while her index finger ran along Lauren's arm, "So I was wondering if I could come over today."