Chapter 28

Camila ran through the hospital door in hopes to find her family. Once the receptionist finally told her where they were at, she took off down the hall and around the corner. When she got to where the emergency room was located, she saw her sister's head on her mother's shoulder. Sofia's face was peaceful since she was asleep, whereas Sinu's had tear stains and cheeks were bright red, her hand was also wrapped in bandage. Camila sat beside her mom on the bench, noticing the bruises on her face and a bandaid on her forehead, she smiled sadly then wrapped an arm around her shoulder, having the older lady lean into her.

"What happened?" she softly asked.

The older woman sighed, "This is all my fault, Karla. We were arguing with each other, then he lost control of the car and ended up crashing into a concrete barricade. I got injured a little, he had it severe since he somewhat threw himself into my body to save me."

Camila sighed and kissed her mom's forehead. "We both know how he is, don't blame yourself mama."

Sinu nodded, wanting to get the conversation over with. Just as she was going to acknowledge her daughter and Lauren's relationship, the doctor came out of the room. She slowly laid Sofi on the bench as she stood up with her other daughter to talk to the doctor.

He was a bald, dark man, around his early 40s with a goatee that mainly consists of gray hairs. He sighed as he looked at Sinu then Camila then Sofi then he looked down and stuffed his hands into his white coat. He rubbed his goatee and looked back at the two ladies standing in front of him.

"He did good in surgery, I mean he's a bit out right now because of the medicine, but he's fine," Dr. Deaton said, smiling slightly as he heard the two sigh in relief. "However, some body parts don't exactly work like they use to."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Sinu quickly asked.

Dr. Deaton cleared his throat then looked at the papers the nurse gave him, "Well, his legs are temporarily paralyzed, maybe a bit of physical therapy will help. But after all the surgeries I've done, this by far has been the most severe since the engine came out backwards and trapped his leg. And then his chest was injured as well, it may be hard for him to breathe sometimes, I'm sure we have something to help it, but it won't cure it."

Camila bit her lip while Sinu rubbed her temple. The doctor gave his condolence and told them that they could go see Alejandro in his room. After he walked away, the brunette mindlessly sat on the bench while her mother paced back and forth.

"Do you want to come in?" Sinu asked, not knowing if she could handle how her husband looked.

Camila shook her head, her mind was all over the place, she couldn't think straight.

"Okay, let me take Sofi in and you go clear your mind. Take a walk, call a friend, just do something mija," her mom said, waking Sofia up to go to her father's room.

Camila slumped in her chair after her sister and mother left. She banged her head on her wall and sighed. She closed her eyes, hoping to wake up and have everything be a dream.

"Hey," a raspy voice said, a voice that the younger girl loved, but she just sighed in response. "You okay?"

She felt the bench weigh down next to her and an arm wrapped around her. Camila leaned into the touch and sighed at the smell. After a few minutes, she spoke up, "What are you doing here, Lauren?"

"I heard from my parents. I guess the hospital called them too, not sure why, but they did. My parents are going to your father's room right now so here I am," the older girl's grip tightened.

"But you hate me," she mumbled sadly in the crook of the older girl's neck.

Lauren lightly laughed, "I don't. Far from it actually. I wouldn't be here if I did, I wanted to see if you were okay."

"Since you're here, can I explain?" Camila asked, sitting up to face her.

She shook her head, "Mila, you're dad is injured right now. I don't think it's a good time for you to be talking to me about this."

"Please, Lauren. I need to take my mind off these things."

The green eyed girl begrudgingly nodded, letting the other girl talk.

"Let me start off by saying, we broke up, not because I wanted to, but because I had to, Lauren." She was about to interrupt, but Camila put her finger on her lip, telling her to be quiet. "My dad.. he's abusive, I guess. But that's only when stress gets the better of him, meaning that that's a trigger for his anger too. He's not actually fond of gays, he's a very traditional person, you know? Like the usual, no sex till marriage, lgbtq not allowed, get married at a church: guy and girl only, stuff like that and I guess he when he saw us kissing, it made him angry. And if I didn't break up with you, he'd not only hit me, but he'd do something to you as well and I couldn't let that happened. Therefore, I chose to break our hearts than to break any muscles or bones in our bodies."

"First off, you're stupid," Lauren pointed her finger up to list off things. "You should of told me before any of this between us. Second, I'd rather him break muscles and bones off my body than for you to break my heart. I could of fought for you, Camila, I wanted to."

The younger girl looked down and shook her head, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Lauren. But I wanted to prevent you from getting hurt."

"Camila, you did hurt me, but I forgive you, okay?" She softly said, rubbing the smaller girl's shoulder. "You should of told me sooner, this would of never happened, we could of prevented it."

Camila unexpectedly jumped into Lauren's lap and hugged her tightly. She hid her face in the crook of her head and repeatedly kissed it then just laid her head there.

"You do know that this doesn't change anything, right?" She cautiously said, not wanting to upset the girl even more, it's been a long night for her. "We still can't be together, Mila. We hurt each other too much and that's not want I want for you. We deserve better than each other."

"I'm sorry for breaking your heart, Laur. I'm so sorry," Camila sniffed.

Lauren nodded and asked if she wanted to go see if her dad was awake. The two girl's ended up riding the elevator and walking into the room in silence. Alejandro was still not awake, but Clara said the doctor came in and said he couldn't wake till the next day and that they'd just come by then.

The Jauregui's said their farewells to the Cabello ladies. Lauren and Camila hugged, knowing that it might be the last time they'd do that. Knowing that they wouldn't never be the same again, as lovers or as friends. They've ruined the meaning of love for each other, even though they never said it, they knew in their hearts that they loved each other.
____________________________________
Author Note:

Sorry if these chapters are shitty. I don't even know what to do with these chapters anymore. However, I have written the last 4 or 5 chapters. So bare with me through 2 more shitty chapters and then it'll be the end.

Have a nice day or night, wherever you live.