Chapter 11

- 4 months later -

Lauren was wearing a crop top that said 'Stay Weird' upside down and lightwashed, highwaisted jeans with her usual black combat boots. She was scanning the bookshelves for good books. While Camila was admiring Lauren from afar in the library. She was seated at a table with all her textbooks and notebooks scattered everywhere, waiting for Dinah, so that Camila could help her study for Mid-Term.

"Hey, snap out of it Cancho," Dinah was snapping her fingers in Camila's face, while sitting down.

Camila shook her head, turning her head to look at Dinah, "Hey CheeChee."

Dinah furiously shook her head, "Nope. Nope. Don't 'Hey CheeChee' me. If you don't stop looking at her like that, she's gonna find out."

Camila pouted, "But she's so beautiful."

"I'm sure she is, but that pen looks like it's about to explode after one more bite," Dinah nodded her head towards the pen. Camila quickly put it inside her one of her notebooks.

Camila's gotten closer to all the girls, especially Dinah and Lauren. After three months of knowing Lauren, Camila started developing feelings for her. They were so alike, their similarities ranging from their favorite types of music to books and movies. She started to feel her heart beat faster whenever Lauren was around. She would start blushing whenever they would hug or when Lauren would kiss her on cheek or whenever she was near her. However, whenever that would happen, she wouldn't know what to do.

One day that happened, Dinah was with them as well, so when Dinah got to Camila's house, she started bombarding her with questions and Camila told her. She pleaded Dinah not to tell her, after 4 bags of Hot Cheetos and a bunch Beyoncé's movies, she agreed not to tell Lauren. Since then, Dinah would always push Camila closer to Lauren, just to see the blush appear on Camila's face.

"You know the Winter Showcase is going up. You should sign up and sing," Dinah said, pulling out a bag of Hot Cheetos.

"How'd you know I sing?"

"Well, you're taking a music class, which should be a part of your endorsement. Plus, I was there the first time you and Mani practiced for your big project for class. You have a great voice, Mila. Maybe you can win Lauren's heart by just one song," Dinah smirked.

"That was a closed rehearsal, why were you in there? And plus, Lauren's never gonna have feelings for me, I mean she's Lauren Jauregui, you wouldn't expect less from her," Camila shrugged, looking at her Geometry notes.

"And I don't. That's why you have a chance. You're great, Mila. Go serenade your girl and win her heart over while singing your heart out."

"It's not gonna happen," Camila jokingly sang, reaching over the table to get her English textbook. However, her arm wasn't that strong and it almost fell on the floor, but someone caught it, Camila looked up.

"Get it together, Camz," Lauren laughed, placing the book in front of Camila.

"Thanks," Camila looked down at the textbook, blushing.

"Hey D," Lauren gave Dinah a side hug. "So what were you guys talking about?"

"Nothing!" They both said at the same time.

Lauren scrunched her eyebrows in confusion, "Okaaay."

"What are you doing here Lo?" Dinah said, trying to change the subject.

"Well, unlike you, I'm literally always here. I should be asking you what you are doing here," Lauren said, looking through the stacks of books to read.