Chapter 32

"Just let me have another one, Mani. Stop being a party pooper and have a drink," Lauren said, trying to force a shot down Normani's throat, to which she pushed it away and glared at Lauren. "Your loss, bottoms up Ric."

Normani rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time that night. Erica had left Miami and moved to New Hampshire because of father's job, but she was back to visit. Her, Erica, and Lauren were at some party that the blonde had invited them to. The darker girl refused to go, but she knew Lauren, therefore she went to chaperone the girl. Don't get her wrong, Normani loved to party, but Lauren has been doing it again; partying and drinking since Camila and Shawn got back together. 

"Lauren, you need to stop. Drinking does not help mend your heart and soul," the older girl said, ripping yet another shot from Lauren's hands.

"Look Mani, I feel things for this girl.. that I have never felt before... for anyone. She's been asking me to get back .. together with her, and when I finally want to, .. she wants to go back that ugly ass boy," Lauren slurred, taking brief pauses in between her words. She tried to grab her drink again, but Normani pushed her away.

"I'm sure she has a logical explanation," the older girl tried to reason.

"And what is it?" The brunette grabbed the front of Normani's blouse, "Do you know something and did not tell me.. again?"

Normani smacked Lauren's hand away from her shirt, "No I don't. But why does it matter? You need to move on with your life, it does not revolve around Camila, okay?"

Lauren shook her head and grabbed a beer bottle from one of the coolers next to her. "I'm going to dance. You stay here and be a party pooper, okay? Okay."

The darker girl was about to call the brunette back, but she was already gone on the dance floor. She groaned and downed the shot she stole from Lauren.

"This is going to a long night," she mumbled to herself, downing another shot whilst keeping her eyes on Lauren.

-

"I told her to stay away from parties and booze, but does she listen to me? Noooo. All she wants to do is drink her feelings and issues away, such a coward," Normani mumbled to herself as she dragged a extremely drunk Lauren to her car. She threw her best friend into the backseat of her car and muttered an 'I hate you.'

The darker girl began to drive, humming along to some her favorite classical music to prevent her from killing Lauren when she wakes up. Speaking of her, the Cuban began to stir then cried aloud for Camila. Normani told herself that she could handle Lauren, she was about ten minutes away from the other girls house, then she could go home and rest.

"Camilaaa, why do you do this to me?" Lauren suddenly screamed while hitting her chest.

Normani's grip on her steering wheel tightened. Her right hand turned up the classical music to block out Lauren's pleas for the other Cuban girl. Lauren began to weep hysterically, then stopped for a moment to cough then began again.

"Lauren Michelle Jauregui, if you don't stop crying and screaming right now, I swear I will throw you out this damn car and you can walk the fuck home, get it?" Normani was fed up and was two seconds away from doing what she threatened to do.

Behind her, Lauren sniffed and muttered a small, "Got it."

"Good. Now, we're almost to your house, so if you could shut up the hell up, that would be nice," the older girl silently pleaded for Lauren to do what she just asked. When she looked in the rearview mirror and saw Lauren nod, she was satisfied.

-

"I'm sorry, Mrs and Mr.Jauregui. I tried to stop her, but she kept drinking. I apologize, if there was anything I could've of done, I would've," Normani sadly looked at her best friend's parents.