Chapter 27

Camila poured herself yet another drink, being the fifth one. This was the first party that she'd actually gone to since moving to Miami, which has been two years now. Dinah had told her to come since her girlfriend wasn't coming, neither was Phora's, even though it was his party. She sighed and began to drink the alcohol, she hissed at the taste, but still drunk it.

"Whoa Mila, slow down," Dinah laughed, getting herself a drink.

"Fuck off," she mumbled and gulped down the remaining then went to pour another drink.

The blonde rolled her eyes then walked towards Phora to tell him to the DJ to change the song. She came back and pulled Camila to the dance floor. The brunette stared at her and shook her head at the song; Drunk In Love. Dinah smiled and began to dance with her best friend, who just shrugged then rolled her body, getting into the rhythm.

Meanwhile Lauren was crying her eyes out on Normani's shoulder, while Ally rubbed circles on her back. The two older girl's gave each other a look, silently asking each other what was going on, when they realized neither of them did, they sighed.

"Lauren, honey, you need to tell us what's going on," Ally said, gently.

The Cuban sighed and nodded, wiping her tears then sat up. The other two girls sat in front of her, both holding one of the Lauren's hands, while using their unoccupied hands to wipe the tears.

- Flashback -

"You break up with her, you understand?" She heard the older man yell, then another thing crash on the floor. Lauren bit her lip then pressed her ear closer to the door.

"I-- ye-- yeah, okay. I'll break up with her, as soon as possible," she heard the younger girl say, her heart plummeting again.

The next day, Lauren avoided Camila at all cost. She had skipped all the classes that she had with the younger girl and sat somewhere else at lunch.

The bell rang, the green eyed girl sighed, relieved that she successfully avoided Camila for the entire day. However when she got home after work, the petite girl was sitting in front of her house. Lauren shook her head about to run back to her car, the younger girl grabbed her wrist.

"You've been avoiding me," she said in a small voice that Lauren couldn't hear her at first.

The taller girl bit back tears, knowing that despite everything they went through, Camila was ready to give it all up. She made her let go of her wrist and stared at the petite girl with a blank expression.

"Lauren, we're done. I'm sorry," Camila stated, looking up at her with tearful eyes.

The taller girl just scoffed and shook her head. The younger Cuban was yelling at her to come back, but she ignored her and walked into her house. When she closed the door, the tears began to cascade, she Camila was banging on the door for her to come out because she wanted to explain. Lauren began to weep then ran to her room.

- Flashback Over -

"I don't understand," Normani muttered to herself while shaking her head, she knew there was more to the story than that. She knew that Camila was head over heels for Lauren, she wouldn't have given up on her unless it was something important.

"I'm sorry Lo," Ally said, going back to Lauren, letting the brunette lay her head on her shoulder. The older girl kissed her forehead, attempting to comfort the girl, while Normani had confusion written all over her face. The oldest girl subtly kicked the darker girl, making her come over and comfort Lauren too.

-

Lauren smiled at the lunch lady after getting her lunch then walked to her usual table. When she looked at it, there sat Camila, Dinah and Normani, talking animatedly about something, while Ally went out for lunch. She just shook her head and sat under the tree, wanting to escape the torture of life. She hadn't been this heartbroken in awhile, although her and Camila had a thing that ended before, it didn't affect her this much. The brunette couldn't believe that the younger girl just gave up on their relationship when thing were actually getting good. She closed her eyes and leaned her head against the tree trunk, then felt someone sit next to her.

"Gonna come hug me and tell me that everything will be alright? Well, it's not alright Mani," she stated, with her eyes still closed.

Normani gave her best friend a sad smile then wrapped her arm around her. She kissed her forehead then rubbed the Cuban's arm up and down. "I wasn't going to say that. I was going to say come to a party with me."

"I'm not feeling a party, Manz. Plus I stopped partying and drink."

The darker girl gave Lauren's head a nudge with her shoulder, "You don't have to drink, just come hang with me."

Lauren shook her head then sighed when she heard the bell. She stood up and extended her hand for Normani to grab. After she did, they walked to the older girl's class, which was the class that Camila was in too.

When the younger Cuban spotted her, she ran outside. "Lauren please let me explain," Camila pleaded, trying to grab the older girl's hand, making she flinched back.

Normani stepped between the two, mumbling for Lauren to go, to which she nodded and walked away. When she was gone, the darker girl shook her head and walked into class, "Just let it go Mila."

"But she needs to know why, she deserves to know," Camila said, sitting in her seat.

"Just let it be, Camila. Why don't you be you and her be her."

The shorter girl looked Normani, "Did you just try to quote James Bay?"

"I love the song," the older girl smiled then began talking about how great the melody was and lyrics behind it. All while Camila was planning how to get Lauren alone so she could explain why they needed to end.

-

"Laur please," Camila begged.

After school, Lauren quickly drove home so she wouldn't have to face the other Cuban. However, when she got home, Camila was already sitting on the front steps of her house. The older girl tried to ignore her and walk into her home, but that only led to them being where they are now.

"Camila, let it go. You said it yourself, we're done, just leave me alone," Lauren said, lightly pushing the other girl out of the way.

That only led the younger girl to grab her hand with pleading eyes, "Lauren please let me explain. You said I deserved to know about why we ended things before, now I say you deserve to know why I broke up with you."

The older girl groaned and rubbed her temple then she sighed. "I'm sorry Camila, maybe we're not meant to be. I don't want to know, just let it be."

Camila shook her head and walked back to her house, mentally blaming herself for everything. When she laid down on her bed, her phone started ringing. She begrudgingly answered with an angry groan, only to hear more terrible news.
____________________________________
Author Note:

Apologizes sent for not updating sooner. I started watching Orange Is The New Black, and might I say, it's so addicting. A week or so and I'm almost done with all of it. Maritza is the cutest though, she's hilarious.

Anyways, have a nice day!