Chapter 21

Two weeks later, everyone was seated at their usual table for lunch, except for Camila. No one knew where the petite girl was, until Lauren saw her walking towards the table while laughing. As she approached the table, the conversation between her and Shawn could faintly be heard.

"It's been fun these few weeks, so I was wondering if you wanted to go on another date tonight," Lauren heard Shawn say.

She stood up, confused and angry. "Date?"

Camila looked to see who said that, when she saw a furious Lauren, she knew it was the end.

The taller girl walked over to Shawn and Camila, then pointed to him and directly asked the younger girl, "Is this why you haven't been answering my calls or texts? Because you've been going on dates with him?"

The smaller girl was taken aback, "Not answering your calls and texts? I have a reason, what's your excuse? Too busy fucking Erica?"

When those words slipped out of Camila's mouth, Lauren turned into a new level of angry. She was pissed to the point that her face was red and fists were clenching. The green eyed girl glared at Shawn, everyone thought he was going to take a blow to the face today, even he thought that. But she shook her head and shouldered him hard while walking away, and of course Erica followed, as did Normani.

"Lauren! Lauren!" Erica yelled while chasing after her.

Lauren quickly found her keys and tried to unlock her car, but not in time. Erica had caught up to her and placed her hands on top of Lauren's.

"You're in no position to drive, Lo," she said, grabbing the keys.

"I don't care. I need to get out of here, just leave me alone Erica," the emerald eyed girl said, snatching her keys back and go into her car.

The blonde was about to go to the passenger side when she was stopped by Normani's grip on her arm.

"Just let her be, go back," the darker girl looked at her knowingly, she knew she was right.

Erica sighed and walked back to the school. Normani took her place and went to sit in the passenger seat. The singer placed her hand on her best friend's thigh, giving it a light squeeze, making the the Cuban look up. She gave her best friend a sad smile and opened up her arms, the brunette leaped over the console and into Normani's lap then dug her face in the darker girl's neck and that's when the tears started.

"I ju..I just don't under.. understand," she tried to say between breathes and sniffles.

"I know boo, I don't either," the older girl said, rubbing and patting her back.

Lauren tried to say something else but Normani shushed her. They sat in silence for a while until the brunette calmed down. She made no attempt to wipe her dry tears or move from her position.

"I don't get it Mani. One minute, she tells me she likes me, the next, she's going on dates with Shawn?" She sniffed and wiped her nose with her sweater.

"I don't know buddy, but it seems like you got a lot of fixing to do," Normani shrugged.

Lauren eyes widened in realization, she did need to fix it, she wasn't going to lose Camila, she's falling hard for her.