Chapter 26

Lauren and Camila were making do of their finally official relationship. The two girls spent time at each other's houses often, Sinu, Mike and Clara knew that they were together. However, Alejandro did not know, since he was never actually home. The Monday after Lauren had asked Camila to be her girlfriend, the three girls bombarded them with questions and awes.

Now it was early April, all 5 girls and Phora were sitting at a lunch table outside. Ally and Phora were in their own little world, while Normani was hitting Lauren because she didn't want to give her the answers to the Pre-Cal exam. Meanwhile, Dinah and Camila were talking intently with each other.

"So your dad hasn't been home?" Dinah whispered to Camila.

The brunette nodded, "But I mean he's never home, so it's much easier for Lauren to come and stay over."

"Mike and Clara let her?" she questioned, after Camila nodded, a confused look plastered across the blonde's face. "They never let Lauren stay at my house or Mani's, even Ally's."

Camila shrugged, "I mean Lauren's parents nor my mom care about her sleeping over. My dad isn't home so my mom says that she can."

Dinah nodded as they all went to throw their trash away. She gave Camila a kiss on the side of her head and said that she'd see her later. With that, she went to find Normani and walked her to class. Meanwhile, Lauren hugged Camila from behind and gave her a kiss on the cheek. The younger girl sighed then grabbed Lauren's hand and intertwined their fingers.

"I'm still coming over today, right?" The older girl asked, swinging their hands between them.

"If you want to," she said with hopeful eyes.

Lauren nodded and gave Camila a peck before running off to her fifth period classroom.

-

"You know I cry so much for this movie," Lauren stated about The Notebook.

The two Cubans were now at Camila's house, having a movie date before they started their homework. Lauren's arm was wrapped around Camila's shoulder, while she laid her head on the older girl's chest.

"You're a sucker for this movie, I know. Don't have to tell me twice," the younger girl laughed.

After the movie ended, they didn't move from their spot. They quietly laid there, enjoying the comfortable silence that surrounded them. Camila nor Lauren were big on talking, therefore their time together usually consisted of silence, but they didn't mind.

"Penny for your thoughts, babe?" Camila asked, breaking the silence.

Lauren inhaled and smiled to herself, "Soulmates. I never actually believed in those, to this day I still don't. However, I do believe that everyone has someone out there that is the right person for them, you know 'the one' or whatever it's called."

The younger girl snuggled into Lauren even more. "Elaborate more on it."

She felt vibrations because of the older girl's laughing and smiled. "Elaborate on soulmates?"

Camila nodded and turned to her side so that her head could be in the crook of Lauren's neck. She wrapped an arm around her waist and said, "I just like your voice. You could be talking about anything and I'd still think it's wonderful."

The older girl's ears and cheeks blush crimson. She nodded and began speaking. "I mean the one and soulmates are different because your soulmate could be your best friend. However, the one is your romantic partner, someone who'll always be there to love you on your dark days. And the days you forget to love yourself. They're with you through think and thin, making you a better person because they have that effect. Maybe soulmates aren't for everyone, but I do believe that there is someone out there for another person, whether they chose to get married, that's on them. Everyone deserves happiness and everyone deserves to feel loved. Each and every person is going through something right now, whether it's big or small, that's why I believe we should all be united as one."

She felt the younger girl laugh, "You know, you started with soulmates then went onto the one then went onto how we should be there for each other. But I don't mind, at least you know about society and how no one should be degraded or dehumanized."

Lauren smiled, the grip around Camila's shoulder tightened. She kissed her on the crown of her head and went to sleep.

-

The petite girl grabbed the pillow next to the one Lauren was laying and began hitting her with it. "Get up! Get up!"

Lauren groaned and turned to lay on her side. She mumbled a 'go away' into the pills and cuddled into the bed even more. She heard Camila sigh and pillow being placed back on the bed, with that she smiled.

"Don't tell me to go away. This is my house Lauren," Camila said, then began tickling her sides. Making the older girl giggle and tried to pry her hands off of her. When she finally got Camila to calm down, she switched positions so that she was on top and began tickling her. The two girls were at it for a few minutes until they got tired and both surrendered.

Lauren's breathe hitched at the proximity between them. She never really got use to Camila being hers for about 4 months now. She never got use to kissing her either, but the feeling was mutual.

Her gaze landed on the younger girl's plumped lips then looked back into her brown eyes that was silently telling her to just kiss her already. The older girl gave her a faint smile then leaned in and closed the distance between them. The kiss started off as slow and gentle, but Lauren began to add a little more force to it, making Camila do the same. Their tongues roamed each other's mouth, the younger girl let out a small moan as their tongues glided on each other. Lauren moved her hand to roam Camila's sides, the younger girl grabbed a fist of Lauren's hair, pulling her in deeper.

But then the door flung open with a fuming Alejandro. The smaller girl pushed Lauren off of her, making her fall on the ground. The older man glared at the girl on the floor then at his daughter.

"Dad, what are you doing home?" She bit her lip, scared.

The man glared at her, "Because this is my house and I get to come home when I want to."

Camila's eyes were full of fear, in a small voice she whispered, "Lauren, go."

The older girl didn't know why the younger girl feared Alejandro so much, but did not want to leave her behind. She stood up and shook her head at Camila. The brown eyes were pleading for Lauren to just go.

The older man stood by the door and scoffed, "Just leave Lauren, it's a family matter."

The brunette just shook her head and sighed then walked to the front door, while Camila followed Alejandro out to the living room. Lauren closed the door, started to walk to her house when she heard a series of glass crashing on the floor, followed by yelling. She quickly went back to the front door and tried to look through the peep hole, when she realized she wouldn't see anything, she leaned her ear on the door.

"You break up with her, you understand?" She heard the older man yell, then another thing crash on the floor.
____________________________________
Author Note:

Yikes.

Updating because I want to apologize, again about the random notifications.

Have a nice day! Be kind and be happy!