Chapter 10

When they got to Lauren's room, Camila sat in the chair next to Lauren's desk, while Lauren sat on her bed.

"Why didn't you want me to tell them?" Lauren said, breaking the silence that was taking over.

"Because.. I was bullied at my old school, that's the main reason why we moved here. My mom wanted me to have a new start, plus Sofi is growing up so she'll start to understand more things. With that said, they didn't want her to see me crying every time I got home," Camila shared, looking at her feet.

Lauren smiled, sadly. She walked over to where Camila was and hugged her from the side.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," Lauren said, rubbing Camila's arm.

Camila shrugged.

"Everything will be alright, Camz."

Camila nodded.

Lauren led Camila over to her bed, they both laid down and stared at the ceiling. They laid in comfortable silence, until Lauren spoke.

"You remember how I was telling you about my siblings and their parents?" Lauren said, turning her head to face Camila.

Camila hummed in agreement, turning her body to look at Lauren.

Lauren looked back to ceiling. "Well, one day, they got a call from the principal because of me. I punched this guy because he was bullying Chris and harassing Taylor. This guy was also the principal's son, therefore, he didn't have any consequences except for a week of detention. I, on the other hand, got expelled and that's when their parents 'reached their limits.' When we got home, it was a blur, all I remember is that when I thought everything subsided, they told me something that broke me and siblings hearts."

"What did they tell you guys?" Camila asked, scooting closer to Lauren in a way of comforting her.

"That was the only thing I remembered clearly."

- Flashback -

Mom and Dad were hovered over me as if they were ready to pounce. Everyone knew that Chris and Taylor were standing behind the stairs, trying to hide. They were scared, and so was I. I looked at my shoes, kicking my feet back and forth while Mom and Dad stared blankly at me for a few minutes.

Silence had taken over until Mom spoke. "Lauren, I can't take it anymore," Mom said, waving her hands in the air and walking to the window.

Dad shook his head, "We've had enough of you and your attitude. We've tried everything we can for you to be successful and a good student, but you just won't listen. You will never be anything in life, you'll always be a spoiled stupid little kid. You're getting out of this house, Chris and Taylor do not need this kind of influence in their life. We hate you, get out!"

- Flashback Over -

"I cried and ran upstairs, Chris and Taylor followed. We exchanged goodbyes, hugs and kisses. When I walked into that adoption center, that was the moment they stopped being my parents. I thought it was the right thing to do, they wouldn't have to go through what I did since I was a 'disappointment.' But I regret it, if there is one thing I could take back, it would be me leaving and taking them with me," Lauren said, full on crying now.

Camila scooted closer to Lauren and held her. No words were exchanged. They laid there in silence, the only sound was Lauren's soft sniffles. Lauren cooled down half an hour later.

"Sorry for having to see me like that, it's only been the first day of knowing me," Lauren laughed lightly, sitting up and wiping her tears.

"Don't worry," Camila smiled.

"You want to ask me something, don't you?"

"Whaaat? No, of course not," Camila lied, looking away from Lauren.

Lauren laughed, wholeheartedly. "You're such a bad liar, and I can read people well, so what is it?"

"So.. Your parents, Mike and Clara? They're not blood?" Camila asked, cautiously.

"No," Lauren looked down. "But the thing is that they're the only thing close to family. They may not be blood, but they are the closest thing I have as parents. You see, my mom, Clara, couldn't have children so after a while, my dad suggested adopting. And now, here I am."

"How old were you?"

"Well, I got put into the adoption center when I was 13. And they came the next year so 14."

"And you're 16 now?" Camila asked, leaning against the headboard.

Lauren nodded. "Two years with them and it's the best years of my entire life."

"Do Chris and Taylor still live in Miami or do they live somewhere else?"

Lauren scrunched her brows, "I'm not sure. The last time I had contact with them was that horrific day."

"You've never tried looking for them?"

"I've tried. Trust me, I have. I just haven't found them," Lauren signed, laying back down.

Camila nodded, she felt like she was annoying Lauren by asking her all these questions.

"Wait," Lauren abruptly sat up, putting her hand in a 'stop' motion.

Camila cocked her head to the side, slightly confused.

"Kaki?" Lauren repeated what Sofi had said earlier.

Camila laughed in embarrassment, scratching the back of her next. "Um. Yeah. She can't say my first name so she calls me that."

"Your first name?" Lauren leaned against the headboard.

"Mhm. My first name is Karla. But I go by Camila because I don't like Karla."

"So it's Karla Camila Cabello?"

Camila nodded.

"So your initial is KCC?"

The younger girl laughed, "I mean it's no LMJ, but yes."

Lauren chuckled, "How did you know it was LMJ?"

"Your mom spent all dinner calling you 'Lauren Michelle,'" Camila paused, she leaned towards Lauren's ear, and whispered, "I think that means something."

Lauren laughed and pushed Camila to the side.

The two girls talked for hours until Sinu came into the room, telling Camila it was time to go. They walked downstairs together and everyone bided their goodbyes.
_____________________________________
Author Note:

Remember that you're beautiful and awesome. So have a great day!

Remember I'm here for you.

Twitter: loloisbaeo