Chapter 8

They sat in comfortable silence, taking a look at the surroundings.

"This place is beautiful," Camila said, still mesmerized.

"Yeah, it is. My siblings and I found it when we were younger. They probably forgot about it, I usually come here whenever I need to think or need photography inspiration," Lauren replied, leaning back on the rock behind them.

Camila did the same, she started to fiddle with her thumbs and bit her lip, a nervous habit of hers.

"Did you really mean what you said back there?" She asked, looking at Lauren.

"Of me wanting to be your friend and genuinely wanting to know you?"

Camila nodded.

Lauren sighed, "Yeah I meant it. There's just so much I don't know about you. And I want to know."

"Well, let's play twenty questions then," Camila suggested.

"Are you serious?" Lauren abruptly sat up.

Camila nodded, sitting up, while laughing at Lauren's excitement

"Okay, well, we need to make it ten questions because I have to be home after this last class," Lauren said, looking at her watch, setting an alarm for the time school ends. "So do you want to go first or?"

"You can start it, I don't mind."

"Okay, well what were you going to say on the car? About Ed Sheeran?" Lauren asked.

"Well..I just wanted to say I love that he calls himself a 'selfish' songwriter because he writes music only for himself," Camila expressed, using air quotations.

Lauren nodded, "I like his music and the way he expresses it."

Camila smiled widely when she realized that Lauren was a fan too. Lauren took note of that and smiled just as wide.

"Okay. My turn, who is your favorite singer?" Camila asked, leaning back on the rock.

"Hm. I have so many. Lana Del Rey is my all time favorite though."

Camila nodded.

"Okay since we got those celebrity questions out the way. Do you have any siblings?" Lauren asked, turning her whole body to sit in front of Camila.

"Mhm. I have a little sister named Sofia Cabello, but we call her Sofi."

"Hm, Sofi. Tell me about her."

"Well, she's currently four years old. She's such a ball of sunshine, she's always been there for me. I love her so much. I remember one time where I had such a horrible day at school, I came home and ran to my room, slamming the door shut. Sofi was home, she was only three so she didn't know what to do. I heard a bunch of noise downstairs, but I didn't care, I was crying my eyes out. All I knew was after a bunch of ruckus, she was sitting right next to me with a tray with waffles from the freezer and a bunch of Disney movies. She hugged and cuddled me until the next day."

Lauren stared at her with admiration. In that moment, anyone could see that Camila loved her sister very much.

"But, hey, it's my turn to ask a question," Camila pretended to scold Lauren.

"I'm sorry. What's your question, beautiful?"

Camila blushed. "Um. Do you have pictures of your siblings?"

"As a matter of fact, I do," Lauren reached in the pocket of her leather jacket and flipped open her wallet.

"That is my sister, Taylor, and my brother Chris," Lauren said, pointing at the picture, her finger alternating between the two Jauregui siblings.