Devin's truth?

NIALLS P.O.V

He was just standing there, not saying a word. I ended up dropping the books out of my hands and took a step back. I was waiting for Roger to pop put of somewhere but he didn't. I wanted to run but I couldn't, my feet wouldn't move. All he did was reach for the books and try to pick them up when I flinched.

"are you really that scared of me?" he said putting the books back on the selves.. his voice seemed different. He wasnt standing in the light but when he did I noticed.

"O my gosh what happened to you" I said. He had cuts all down his arms and even some that looked new. I noticed his clothes looked dirty and his face looked bruised. One side of his jeans looked burnt and his nose was bleeding. I quickly grabbed the extra shirt out of my bag and told him to sit down.

"don't use that its your shir-" he stopped when he noticed I started to rip it in half.

Things where silent .. yeah ik what he did to me but I'm not going to let him bleed like this. I took some of this spray out of my bag.

"what's that---Ahh.." before he can say anything else I sprayed it on his cuts on his arms and wrapped some of the ripped clothing on his arms.

"it helps clean wounds.. my family member Becca puts in my bag just in case of anything were to happen." I didn't look at his face. I still didn't know why was helping him mysel--

"I'm sorry niall.... " what? what he say!! he thinks he can say sorry and everything will he fine!! I looked up but then stopped.... He was crying.. tears where rushing down his face. his eyes where closed and yet he was crying like crazy.

He pulled his arms away and hide his face.. I didn't know what to do. why was he doing this to me. Why is he going to cry in frount of me .. does he think anything will change? he stopped and looked at me

"niall .. I am .. I'm really sorry.. ik It wont change anything but I'm sorry.. I didn't have a choice.." I just looked away..

"everyone has a choice devin.. "

"they took my mom... I don't have anybody left...!" what?

"niall I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have done such mean and horrible things to you.. " more tears kept coming from him.. " my whole family left us and she ended up getting really sick.. that when I met Roger and his "family" they told me they could help her.. she was all I had .. but I had to do what they told me.. "

I didn't know what to say. He stopped talking and I noticed his nose started to bleed again. I took part of the shirt and cleaned most of it I could. I noticed he tried to stop crying but every time he blinked he would shed tears. he looked at my eyes and I looked at his. he was filled with guilt I could tell..

I never been this close to him before . his eyes where a light blue and green color and he had some freckles on his cheeks .. he was pretty cute.. at this moment ...

"I never wanted to do anything to you ... at first it was just little games about pranking but then the "big guy" told is to do more stuff like stealing.. I didn't want to but they said they would hurt my mom.." he started to cry even more ..

"I shouldnt have listened to them"

"devin what happened"

"I didn't know what I got myself into.. then they told us to start messing with you.. " he looked down.. "I never wanted to do it I swear... they kept saying they were going to take her away from me.. after that night at the park I told them I wasn't going to do it anymore... but they just laughed.. I went to go see my mom but she"

he stopped

"devin?"

"she .. she is gone they took her from me ..niall they took her.. I don't have anybody... all because of him.."