Sunday Morning

Lauren’s POV

“Lauren get up.”

“Hmm.” I say covering my head with my sheets.

“Lauren get up you have to get ready.”  I hear my dad say.

“Its Sunday, school isn’t till tomorrow.” She say frustrated.

“I got this Papa J.” I hear a feminine voice say.  feel two hands on me and next thing I know I’m on the floor.

“What the hell.” I yell coming to my senses. I looked up to see Camila giving me a slight smirk.

“Thank you Mila.”

“No prob, Papa J.” She left my room without saying another word.

“Why am I up? Its Sunday and I want to sleep in.” I whine.

“We’re all going to church and then having a family breakfast.” He informs me. I roll my eyes at him.

“Since when do you go to church every Sunday? You hate going to church.” I asked confused.

“Paty showed me how good it is to go and connect with God.” The fuck?

“Bullshit.” I say.

“Language.” He says strictly.

“I learned it from you.” I say sweetly batting my eyelashes.

“Just get ready to church.”

“I’m not going.” I tell him.

“And why not?” He ask clearly mad.

“We both know the answer to that question.” I heard him sigh.

“Lauren.” He said slowly.

“I’m not going.” I state boldly.

“Ok but you’re going to the family breakfast.”

“Fine.” I say before lying down again and covering myself with the sheets.

“No, get up before I get Camila back in here.” I groan.

Camila’s POV

After ten minutes, Papa J comes down the stairs.

“Finally we’re going to be late.” I say.

“Ok, lets go.” He answers.

“Wait what about Lauren?” Mama H asks.

“She’s not going?”

“Why not?” Ally asked.

“Personal reasons now lets go.” Ally and I look at him a little confused. What could be the reason she didn’t want to go to church. I know that people don’t like being there for a whole hour but she could at least try. We got in the car and went to the church, Ally running because she was in the choir and had to prepare to sing. The mass seemed short to me maybe because I was used to going and there were some topics that dragged on but not this week. This week a speaker came and talked about the importance of being yourself and learning to respect yourself. It was something that I truly believed in and it made me pay attention fully. We were back in the car and heading to breakfast when I noticed Papa J was taking the route home.

“Papa J, I thought we were going out to eat breakfast, not home.”

“Oh don’t worry Mila, we are but we’re picking up Lauren first. After all it is a family breakfast.” He said giving me a smile. I really liked Papa J he treated me like a third daughter. Ally’s family was like my second family and they treated me as one too. It was the same for Ally at my house and I think we just made a big family.